Cannot get sound in Ableton Lite

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jimdene

Cannot get sound in Ableton Lite

Post by jimdene » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:02 pm

I cannot get any guitar sound after getting into view/Toggle arrangement session view in Audio 1/Ext in/Number 1/In Auto/off.. Master. There is no green monitor signal moving around as I have seen in you tube Help videos. I hope that I have made myself clear and would appreciate ant help

jimdene

Re: Cannot get sound in Ableton Lite

Post by jimdene » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:14 pm

I should have mentioned that I have Focusrite Solo 3rd Generation connected to usb in on my Computer Ng guitar connected to line in

jimdene

Post by jimdene » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:17 pm

I should have previewed . I meant "and guitar connected to line in"

jimdene

Post by jimdene » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:04 am

I have been able to get a test signal sound from Ableton Lite, but still cannot work out how to play guitar via Focusrite Solo. will have to look at changing to a different software

doghouse

Post by doghouse » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:57 am

Is the problem that Live is not recording the audio or that you can't hear the guitar while recording the audio? Those are two different things.

If you thnk you won't have the same problem by switcdhing to other software, trust me...you will have the same problem. Monitoring external audio while recording is probably the most common problem people seem to have with computer recording.

So let us know whether it's the audio not being recorded or the monitoring during recording and we can help you out.