pitch bend stuck

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jasper

pitch bend stuck

Post by jasper » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:30 am

Do a search right ^up there^ in these forums for this: "pitch bend stuck".

Go to the last page of the search results so you can see how many people, and since how long ago
people have been posting and "+1" that particular bug.

And now, Ableton: Me and you both know you're going to delete this thread. But regardless of that,
I just want you to feel what it feels like when you laugh at this and shrug off the professionals who
buy updates from you for 20 years, hoping things like this will be fixed, but still are not fixed.

jestermgee

Re: pitch bend stuck

Post by jestermgee » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:11 am

And so your issue is?

What pitch bend, stuck where, and how? A controller? In a clip? arrangement?

And why would Ableton delete your thread but leave all the others you have searched in place? Do you see men in suits outside your window every day too?

Instead of hashing up conspiracies, try detail your actual issue, hardware, OS so that some of the Pro users can confirm or otherwise if you have confirmed a bug or have a local issue

siliconarc

Post by siliconarc » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:08 am

jasper wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:30 am
Ableton: Me and you both know you're going to delete this thread. But regardless of that,
I just want you to feel what it feels like when you laugh at this and shrug off the professionals who
buy updates from you for 20 years, hoping things like this will be fixed, but still are not fixed.
great timing...
11.0.10b1 release notes wrote: Improvements:
• Pitch Bend, Sustain, Expression, Mod Wheel, and other MIDI controllers that one would expect to reset to a default value will now do so at the beginning of clips that do not specify them. (Note: for users who intentionally use the previous behavior, this change will make their Live Sets behave differently. Therefore, the behavior is disabled by default. The behavior can be enabled by checking the "MIDI Envelope Auto-Reset" entry in the Options menu.)

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:46 am

garyboozy wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:08 am
jasper wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:30 am
Ableton: Me and you both know you're going to delete this thread. But regardless of that,
great timing...
11.0.10b1 release notes wrote: Improvements:
• Pitch Bend, Sustain, Expression, Mod Wheel, and other MIDI controllers that one would expect to reset to a default value will now do so at the beginning of clips that do not specify them. (Note: for users who intentionally use the previous behavior, this change will make their Live Sets behave differently. Therefore, the behavior is disabled by default. The behavior can be enabled by checking the "MIDI Envelope Auto-Reset" entry in the Options menu.)
I was about to say it :wink:
Ableton Forum Moderator

chapelier fou

Post by chapelier fou » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:25 pm

So what’s the rule for ccs ? How is defined the “expected default value” ?
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

siliconarc

Post by siliconarc » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:15 am

I just tested 11.0.10 with my bass station 2 using cc16 (filter freq) in a midi clip and this new option does not affect that particular cc - filter stays fully open on blank clips either side of a clip that has an envelope sweep - so i assume only a handful of midi controls have this feature, not all ccs.