Clock out plugin - offset, groove etc

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
yentzee

Clock out plugin - offset, groove etc

Post by yentzee » Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:03 pm

Hi,
I was wondering whether there was a way to change the output of the clock out plugin.
Right now I am sending 48ppq from the clock out plugin to my expert sleepers adat -> audio converter and going into pam's new workout which then syncs the Eurorack as well as generating a stable clock to sync other synths with an internal sequencer to.
There are a couple of problems I am encountering using this solution:
1. I haven't figured out to set an offset of the signal going out. The reason for me wanting that is, that the sync through the way mentioned above and elektron gear synced using overbridge isn't tight. It is pretty solid but when trying to layer percussive sounds you can clearly tell the offset. Is there an alternative plugin maybe max4live who does allow that?
I tried sending a pulse sample of simpler which works great but completely goes out of sync when using plugins with latency somewhere and live has to compensate as the simpler sound will be compensated as well.
2. I really do love the way groovequantize is done in live (one of the most impressive features in my eyes compared to other daws). Is there any way to quantize the clock signal accordingly and if so does that even make sense as 48 ppq dorsn't seem a particulary high resolution plus I suspect some form or error compensation in pams possibly ignoring this.
Thanks for helping

Chancery

Re: Clock out plugin - offset, groove etc

Post by Chancery » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:05 am

Sorry if the question is too basic, but is your CV Clock Out in your Master track?
I find it only syncs properly if it's in the Mater track. Otherwise it calculates some sort of latency and gets out of sync.

yentzee

Post by yentzee » Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:49 pm

I never thought about that. So far it hasnt been on the mastertrack but I can see how that could make a difference. Definitely gonna check this out. Thanks for the tip

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:33 am

Chancery wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:05 am
Sorry if the question is too basic, but is your CV Clock Out in your Master track?
I find it only syncs properly if it's in the Mater track. Otherwise it calculates some sort of latency and gets out of sync.
This is not my experience, and my master template has eight tracks dedicated to CV clock out.
Unsound Designer

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:44 pm

yentzee wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:03 pm
plugins with latency
You should try replacing those with Live devices, at least for live situations. :wink:
Ableton Forum Moderator

yentzee

Post by yentzee » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:20 pm

[jur] wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:44 pm
yentzee wrote:
plugins with latency
You should try replacing those with Live devices, at least for live situations. :wink:
Hmm I think then Ableton needs to do some work on their stock plugins

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:50 pm

yentzee wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:20 pm
[jur] wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:44 pm
yentzee wrote:
plugins with latency
Hmm I think then Ableton needs to do some work on their stock plugins
Which one are you thinking about?
Ableton Forum Moderator