Tracks Out of Sync (Regardless of Warping/Compensation Option status)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Lorielus

Tracks Out of Sync (Regardless of Warping/Compensation Option status)

Post by Lorielus » Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:12 pm

Hi,

I wonder if you could assist. I got Ableton Live Lite key along with a keystep midi controller a while back and have been enjoying using it, but suddenly my audio tracks (just audio, not midi) are now out of sync.

The sync issue is at least a second or so and seems to now affect all tracks, even those I recorded days ago that had no issues the last time I played them back (and affects all projects). I've checked warping is off and delay compensation makes no difference. It's almost as if there's a setting somewhere that is offsetting tracks in some way.

Has anyone encountered this before (I'm pretty stumped)? I tested the same projects (and new recordings) in FL Studio and in Audacity, with no issues, so best guess it it's something in Ableton itself.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

(Quick Edit: Should also mention that tracks are both out of sync with each other and with the metronome)

Tarekith

Re: Tracks Out of Sync (Regardless of Warping/Compensation Option status)

Post by Tarekith » Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:57 pm

Check that playback start marker in the Audio Clip is all the way to left in each of the Clips.

Lorielus

Post by Lorielus » Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:11 pm

Tarekith wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:57 pm
Check that playback start marker in the Audio Clip is all the way to left in each of the Clips.
It is - the waveform itself of these tracks are out of sync (i.e. you can see the sync issue visually as well as hear it), even though the were in sync at time of recording and last playback.

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:29 pm

Silly question - but if it's out of sync visually too...have you accidentally moved the audio clips in the timeline (if you're using arrangement view)? Can you not move them back?

Lorielus

Post by Lorielus » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:10 am

Shift Gorden wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:29 pm
Silly question - but if it's out of sync visually too...have you accidentally moved the audio clips in the timeline (if you're using arrangement view)? Can you not move them back?
Definitely not that - it's across every project I've ever recorded on it. It's like it's warping even with warping turned off somehow.

When experimenting with a click-track today, I recorded two guitar parts back-to-back (i.e. no changes in between recording) and both are out of sync with the click track and out of time with each other.

Really no clue how to proceed at this point! I hugely prefer Ableton to Audacity and FL Studio for most things, but it's obviously not something I can use if I can't fix this bizarre issue with sync.

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:24 pm

Oooh - just a thought mate. When you're recording, is your track monitor set to "in"? This certainly does introduce audio latency and it bugged me for the longest time until I saw some wise person post here to set the track monitor to off. Works perfectly.

But, that doesn't explain at all why tracks that were good to go, are now laggy. I don't suppose you have delay compensation added to any of those tracks?