Is there an Ableton equivalent of the MPC Bible?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
CancerRidden

Is there an Ableton equivalent of the MPC Bible?

Post by CancerRidden » Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:01 am

In the MPC world there's this book called the MPC bible which is most people would agree is the best guide for the MPC.

Is there an Ableton equivalent book or guide thats really good for learning how to produce music on it.

(not just the manual).

Machinesworking

Re: Is there an Ableton equivalent of the MPC Bible?

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:14 am

Mostly there's a ton of YouTube videos on Live.
This on looks pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaSK3Q8vyGA

Terrorbeat

Re: Is there an Ableton equivalent of the MPC Bible?

Post by Terrorbeat » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:44 am

I still think Akai needs to hand out a coupon for a free copy with every MPC because their manual for it reads like stereo instructions and doesn't really help at all. Learned more about my MPC Live after an hour with the MPC Bible than I ever have reading Akai's manual from front to back several times hah.

Have not seen anything remotely like it for any of the DAW software out there unfortunately but you can kind of get close. A lot of these 'Computer Music' books like the Dance Music Manual and Secrets of Electronic Music Production get into it a little bit. Secrets of Electronic Music covers a lot of ground but a lot of the examples in it are done in Live in the same manner as the MPC Bible. It won't cover everything but you get a good idea of the basics from em. Come to think of it, I bought the book just for the hell of it a couple years back (been at this game long enough I shouldn't have needed it but you know..) before I bought Live, was strictly Logic Pro or my MPC at the time.. I should dig it out and go back through it now that I actually AM using Live hah.