Komplete Kontrol keyboard

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
aklisiewicz

Komplete Kontrol keyboard

Post by aklisiewicz » Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:48 am

My KK keyboard got screwed, and I can't seem to fin a way to get it to work correctly. My F4 key got programmed somehow to send CC message to LIVE11 which turns LOOP icon ON. My D4 key turns PLAY ON/OFF.

I tried to reset everything through the keyboard editor, but nothing works so far. I do not see an option to program/reprogram a single key, so I am not sure how this could happen. Even if I load a blank new project with default template, this key keeps engaging LOOP. I tried this D4 key on my MPK25 keyboard and it works as expected, so it is definitely just a keyboard (my model is MK1).

Any help appreciated.
ART
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu

Tarekith

Re: Komplete Kontrol keyboard

Post by Tarekith » Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:11 am

I think for all of these NI focused issues you keep having, you should ask on the Native Instruments forum. This really doesn't have anything to do with Ableton Live.

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:48 am

It causes problems with LIVE so why you say it has nothing to do with it. There are other users using NI keyboards + Live. I am still not sure the problem comes from the keyboard itself or Live template or something else.
Sadarahu

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:58 am

Tarekith wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:11 am
I think for all of these NI focused issues you keep having, you should ask on the Native Instruments forum. This really doesn't have anything to do with Ableton Live.
He can't ask on NI forums, they banned him for his continued ranting months ago lol.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:46 pm

If it is a midi note that is affecting the Live interface, it is one of two things.

It is either a midi mapping (either from the controller itself, or some Other controller that you might be using, and have possibly that note listed in the ‘Midi Map’ list of mappings)

Or it is a Control Surface mapping, which is in MIDI Preferences, the list of dropdown options. If your NI controller is selected as one of the devices in the dropdown menu, then it will carry out whatever behavior is designated by the Control Surface code.

One last possibility is a Max for Live device. But this would be rare unless you’re relying on a max device that is hidden in your set that you’re maybe not aware of it’s full functionality.

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:52 pm

thanks for suggestions..
Your thinking and suggestions are quite logical but unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case. I disabled everything but just one slot in the MIDI settings for that keyboard. The moment I enable MIDI IN the problem starts. Initially I thought it could be something in the template. I cannot figure out how to eventually restore default template file (other than reinstalling Live). That would be one thing to try.
I remember some time ago I was also playing with those user script files but can't remember how to reset those files (Windows10).
Sadarahu

aklisiewicz

Re: Komplete Kontrol keyboard - RESOLVED

Post by aklisiewicz » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:16 pm

Finally I installed LIVE on another PC, then copied all PREFERENCES folder to the existing installation and the problem seems to be fixed. Thank you all for suggestions. Hope this helps others in the future...
Sadarahu