Automation weirdness...

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
headfirstonly

Automation weirdness...

Post by headfirstonly » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:34 pm

I'm using the M4L mono sequencer in Live 11.1.1 and I'm running an automation lane to transpose the sequence according to the chord progression used in the other tracks. Nothing fancy, just a I-IV-V progression controlled by the mono sequencer's "transpose" parameter. The sequencer is driving Arturia's CZ V to provide the bass line. When I play back the track, the sequence gets transposed as it should do. Everything appears to work as expected, and it sounds fine.

But then when I export the final audio, the transpose function no longer has any effect. The sequence plays in the initial key from start to finish.

I've got round the problem by feeding the output of the MIDI track with the mono sequencer into an audio track, and recording it from start to finish. That works fine. But I get a completely different result from exporting the track, which I wasn't expecting. What am I doing wrong? What have I missed?

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Automation weirdness...

Post by [jur] » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:30 pm

First make sure you're running the latest version of Mono Sequencer.
If yes, and if you're able to reproduce in a new empty set (or if it happens everytime) then please report to support@ableton.com
Ableton Forum Moderator