FILM COMPOSER Feature Requests

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
jonljacobi

Re: FILM COMPOSER Feature Requests

Post by jonljacobi » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:03 pm

Yeah, you can basically make DP into PL, but you have to first learn what you want to omit!

nonchai

Post by nonchai » Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:57 am

nonchai wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:30 pm
Hi Again folks.

I made a small YouTube video summarising *my* particular list of missing features - as described in my earlier reply here.

Please like and share etc.. if you want to get something hopefully done about all this in - say - Live 12 ...

Its titled. 'Ableton: Whats missing for Orchestra/Media Composers?
5 Features and a minute of your time:'

https://youtu.be/UL_thHi6deA
There are things Ableton devs could do that wouldn't affect the ease of use of LIVE at all or water down its minimalism.

Sure- Live is intended primarily for EDM/producer type stuff but where's the harm in adding a few features that benefit everyone potentially ?

even EDM and producer types might benefit from things such as articulation maps, better MIDI export , export to Cubase/Pro Tools, and support for more than one MIDi port etc etc.

Jabbon

Post by Jabbon » Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:51 am

better support on windows for video files and export. I have problems and crashes continuously with win 10, even using all the decoders/encoders of the universe...
sound spatialization content & technologies @ audit-orium.com

agamben

Post by agamben » Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:24 pm

better support on windows for video files and export. I have problems and crashes continuously with win 10, even using all the decoders/encoders of the universe...
+1
Before asking advanced video feature, I just wish Live would only PLAY a video on the timeline without crashing.

JukkaK

Post by JukkaK » Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:59 am

handsofire wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:53 am

1. ability to view multiple midi tracks in piano roll at once for building harmonic structure quickly. Basically, I'd love to have the option to select tracks from within multiple groups and show midi note data (as different colors) within the same piano roll view— or at least a combined split view window where they're all lined up. This would give users more control and speed when creating harmonic structure between multiple tracks/parts. I know Cubase does this, and it is a very powerful feature for composers.

I think you can do this by selecting two clips and pressing shift + tab. But it could be better, and which is super annoying, ”opt + space” does not work in that mode, you’ll always have to listen to the whole clip. I don’t if that is a bug or not, but super annoying it is at least.

Edit. Oh i didnt notice this was old and quite long topic so this was probably mentioned.
Still annoying though.

nonchai

Post by nonchai » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:58 am

Bumped.

PLEASE Ableton devs!

LISTEN!!!

Crystal Jack

Post by Crystal Jack » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:09 pm

Ableton, can we get a response to MIDI ports please? This is a significant limitation specifically with Ableton for trying to conserve CPU, whether you're doing orchestra or not.

Since Ableton doesn't provide any way to completely disable tracks, we are forced to rely on 3rd-party M4L devices like Mudo, but this is still not sufficient because it requires loading Mudo itself on each track which must remain enabled and also takes some CPU itself.

You've effectively blocked every opportunity to conserve CPU when either doing orchestra music requiring a large number of instruments, or when trying to build a template of curated sounds for EDM or any other genre.

This is a long-time active issue with support from many many customers. Several other major DAWs support this functionality, and it makes no sense for VSL and VEP to change it. This is something that needs implementation in the DAW, to support multiple ports.

Without either this or completely being able to disable a track to conserve CPU, you are seriously impeding my workflow and productivity.

Please give us a response, please make this a priority.

Thanks

jonljacobi

Post by jonljacobi » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:48 pm

Perhaps it's something to do with the way the program is wired. Then again, there are several features I figure should be no-brainer that they haven't implemented so... I'd love to be privy to the roadmap discussions.

jonljacobi

Post by jonljacobi » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:49 pm

Duplicate from impatience.