LFO and Envelope Follower are not working

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
auror

LFO and Envelope Follower are not working

Post by auror » Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:34 pm

Just purchased a Live 11 and what a disappointment, right from installation LFO and Envelope Follower is not working. While I am waiting for tech support's reply on this issue, does anyone have had this problem before?

Rivanni

Re: LFO and Envelope Follower are not working

Post by Rivanni » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:44 pm

How do they not work? Can you indicate what works and what doesn't?

Which version of Live are you using and on which operating system?

auror

Post by auror » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:24 pm

Rivanni wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:44 pm
How do they not work? Can you indicate what works and what doesn't?

Which version of Live are you using and on which operating system?
I wish I could share a snippet. Both are not responding; every time I am dragging it to the "Audio Effect" section, the LFO and Envelope Follower act frozen, however, every other VST and Live Audio effects are operating normally.
-Yes, I did restart the system
-Yes, all my drivers are up-to-date
-Yes, I restarted a project

I am running LIVE 11 (the latest update) on WIN 11. My machine is very powerful.

Rivanni

Post by Rivanni » Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:17 am

'Latest version' is a bit meaningless but since you just installed Live I assume you are using version 11.1.6. You can find this in the Help menu: About Live.

Are you using the LFO and Envelope follower as found in the Audio Effects section (The one with a mainly yellow interface)?

By frozen do you mean only the waveform is frozen or none of the controls seem to interact with the mouse?

Do the devices unfreeze when you start playback in Live?

Do you have any VST plugin windows open? If so, close all plugin windows. Or better yet, test both devices in an empty project.

auror

Post by auror » Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:24 am

Rivanni wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:17 am
'Latest version' is a bit meaningless but since you just installed Live I assume you are using version 11.1.6. You can find this in the Help menu: About Live. - Correct

Are you using the LFO and Envelope follower as found in the Audio Effects section (The one with a mainly yellow interface)? -Yes

By frozen do you mean only the waveform is frozen or none of the controls seem to interact with the mouse?- Yes

Do the devices unfreeze when you start playback in Live? - No

Do you have any VST plugin windows open? If so, close all plugin windows. Or better yet, test both devices in an empty project.
- VST plugins are closed, no effect. When I start a new project, LFO and Envelope Follower are operating normally; must be some VST causing glitch.

I followed the instructions provided here: https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... -Live-11-1, no effect.

Rivanni

Post by Rivanni » Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:32 am

I wanted to point to that page but since you said you had the most up-to-date version, I didn't...

But the devices work in a new project I guess it's a plugin. I had a similar issue with certain plugins freezing Max devices.
Last edited by Rivanni on Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:33 am

The thing with these devices is that it helps to understand how they work. We don’t really know for sure if you know what to expect when loading these devices. So it’s hard to gauge whether it’s a misunderstanding or if it’s the devices legitimately not working properly.

auror

Post by auror » Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:36 am

yur2die4 wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:33 am
The thing with these devices is that it helps to understand how they work. We don’t really know for sure if you know what to expect when loading these devices. So it’s hard to gauge whether it’s a misunderstanding or if it’s the devices legitimately not working properly.
I used these devices before.

Rivanni

Post by Rivanni » Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:39 am

Do you have Live 11 Standard or Suite?

auror

Post by auror » Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:39 am

Rivanni wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:39 am
Do you have Live 11 Standard or Suite?
Suite

QuestionMark

Post by QuestionMark » Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:55 pm

Hey, I have been experiencing the same issue and I was able to overcome it by resetting Max For Live. The procedure is explained here -> https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... x-for-Live