DiP (Device Insert Preference) - define where new devices are added in the chain

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Valiumdupeuple

DiP (Device Insert Preference) - define where new devices are added in the chain

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:29 pm

Hey there,
I just published a new free and very simple but quite handy M4L device: DiP

This M4L device lets you set where new devices/plugins will be added into the chain, relative to the currently selected device, when double-clicked to be loaded from the Browser.
It works as a global preference, and thus overrides Live's default behavior which is to add new devices at the end of the plugins' chain.
Place it on your Master track (or any "utility" track you might have in your set), and save it as part as your default template.

Grab it here

Rivanni

Re: DiP (Device Insert Preference) - define where new devices are added in the chain

Post by Rivanni » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:17 pm

You beat me to it. :wink:

Valiumdupeuple

Re: DiP (Device Insert Preference) - define where new devices are added in the chain

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:36 pm

Oh, really?
Thing is, I added this feature to my LoadeR device as I discovered the call in the LOM (crazy how there's always something "new" to find in here even though you already read it 30 times).
So, it was really tempting to make a simple free device out of this. Simple things are sometimes so enjoyable workflow-wise.