A New Quirk

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
TheCoil

A New Quirk

Post by TheCoil » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:19 pm

I just installed 11.2.10 yesterday and now every time I open a project, it creates a "Ableton Folder Info" folder on my desktop. It's very annoying and a behaviour that wasn't happening previously. Any help would be appreciated.

Tarekith

Re: A New Quirk

Post by Tarekith » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:27 pm

Known issue, update is coming that will fix it.

Calagan

Post by Calagan » Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:07 am

is it an issue for Mac, PC, or both ?

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:54 am

Mac only if I remember well, but it's nothing to worry about, just ignore the folder (it disappears by itself afaik)
Ableton Forum Moderator

Calagan

Post by Calagan » Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:47 am

mmmm. Is it the only issue of 11.2.10 ?
And is it a "safe" issue with no other consequences than this strange folder appearing on the desktop ?
I'd like to update for some new functionnalities and the numerous fixes (especially about the expression control device not recalling some settings), but of course I don't need no more issues...

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:55 am

Hey Calagan
This issue has absolutely no impact. Imo you should update as there's a ton of fixes.
Just be aware that Expression Control has a new bug where MW and PB input will "cut" the current Aftertouch input. This is already fixed internally... ie not published yet. Sorry for the hassle
Calagan wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:47 am
There's probably still several thousands bugs in the backlog :D but it's a never ending process and most of these bugs are tiny issues that only a few persons come across here and then and has no real impact on day-to-day use.
Ableton Forum Moderator

siliconarc

Post by siliconarc » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:01 pm

You can just remove the Desktop folder from your browser (Places) until the bugfix is rolled out.

Calagan

Post by Calagan » Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:30 am

siliconarc wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:01 pm
You can just remove the Desktop folder from your browser (Places) until the bugfix is rolled out.
I don't get the issue : how is it related to Places ?
Are you speaking about the browser in Live or is it only creating a folder on the desktop ?
I'm asking because I've got quite a mess on my desktop that i'm changing all the time (I know, it's bad), and I don't want this bug to add my desktop into places : if Live needs to browse this each time, I'm sure it will be a lot of stupid ressources waste each time I open Live...

Calagan

Post by Calagan » Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:32 am

[jur] wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:55 am
Hey Calagan
This issue has absolutely no impact. Imo you should update as there's a ton of fixes.
Just be aware that Expression Control has a new bug where MW and PB input will "cut" the current Aftertouch input. This is already fixed internally... ie not published yet. Sorry for the hassle
Calagan wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:47 am
There's probably still several thousands bugs in the backlog :D but it's a never ending process and most of these bugs are tiny issues that only a few persons come across here and then and has no real impact on day-to-day use.
Thanks a lot jur for the infos. I don't use aftertouch with Expression Control, so I don't care about this new bug.

Maybe I will try to update. Anyway, I still have the 11.2.6 archive, so if I find it truly annoying I can come back to this previous version...

siliconarc

Post by siliconarc » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:45 am

In Live’s browser under Places, you will see a custom folder location that you added yourself at some point, most probably Desktop, or your Mac’s home folder. Removing these custom locations from Places does no harm, and will stop the Ableton Folder Info folders from appearing. Or you can just keep on deleting the Ableton Folder Info folders when they appear on your Desktop etc.

Calagan

Post by Calagan » Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:48 pm

ok, I just updated to 11.2.10 and I don't see the bug. Nothing new on my desktop.
Maybe they did a silent fix...
And I still don't exactly understand the issue actually.

Anyway, the update seems great and no issue so far...

EDIT : ok I get it. If I drag and drop from a folder on my drive to Ableton Live, then the "Ableton Folder info" appears in this folder. And it doesn't go away apparently. Strange, and annoying because it means in few days it will be everywhere on my drive...