Random White Noise and Audio Cutting Out In My Live Set. Please Help

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
RC6207

Random White Noise and Audio Cutting Out In My Live Set. Please Help

Post by RC6207 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:47 am

So I've been working on this beat for my friend the last week or so. Last night I added a sweet little guitar solo and I put effects on it and got it sounding all nice, then I looked at the clock and it was 2:00 in the morning so I went to bed. I save my project, and turn my laptop off. Then this morning I pack everything up into my backpack for school, including my computer, and head out. I have a 5 hour gap between 2 of my classes, so I usually take this time to do some stuff in Ableton. I boot up the computer, open my live set, and there's this strange, sporadic, relatively quiet white noise coming through my headphones. I write it off as Ableton just struggling to boot up or something. The white noise stops and then I play my beat, then the audio cuts out and is replaced by white noise. Then my audio comes back in, plays for a bit, then cuts out again with more white noise. It seemingly happens randomly, and even when there's nothing playing I can still hear white noise popping up here and there. Also, when the white noise happens, it shows on the fader for my guitar track, as well as the master. I've tried rebooting my computer, restarting Ableton, restarting my audio driver, resetting the sample rate, and deleting my guitar track. Even with the guitar track deleted there's still white noise. I've never experienced this before, and nothing I'm doing seems to be working. I'm pretty new to Ableton and music production in general, so this could be a result of my ignorance, but if anyone could provide a solution it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm on an HP Envy with Windows 10. There's also a beat switch in the song that I'm making, so the 1st half of the beat is routed to a premaster (the corresponding return tracks are also routed there) which is routed to the master. Same thing for the 2nd beat. Each premaster has a temporary limiter on it, as well. I'm also using Melda plugins on my guitar track (and on other tracks in the beat). Reason I mention that is I heard somewhere that certain Melda plugins can cause some sort of interference? Don't know if this is true, and like I said, despite deleting my guitar track there's still white noise, so.... I don't know what to do.

Thank you in advance for any responses!

RC6207

Re: Random White Noise and Audio Cutting Out In My Live Set. Please Help

Post by RC6207 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:18 am

Never mind... just pulled up some of my Melda plugins and they say "Demo has expired. The plugin will occasionally produce noise." I downloaded the "free" pack of about 106 plugins from their website, and I guess I didn't read the fine print as I thought that there were no catches. Alas, these companies have to make money somehow. Knew it had to be too good to be true. HUGE bummer.

kennan

Re: Random White Noise and Audio Cutting Out In My Live Set. Please Help

Post by kennan » Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:32 am

RC6207 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:18 am
Never mind... just pulled up some of my Melda plugins and they say "Demo has expired. The plugin will occasionally produce noise." I downloaded the "free" pack of about 106 plugins from their website, and I guess I didn't read the fine print as I thought that there were no catches. Alas, these companies have to make money somehow. Knew it had to be too good to be true. HUGE bummer.
Thanks for following up. I was just having the same issue with a song I haven't worked on in a bit. Turns out I used a free trial of Melda's MMultiAnalyzer on most tracks and this was happening because the free trial was up.

Wish they made the issue more obvious like instead of white noise, replace the track with something like "plugin x has expired, please purchase it or remove it to get rid of this sound". Can't imagine the frustration a lot of people are going through and have no clue why it's happening. I wasn't even able to pull up the plugin from inside my project so I would never have figured it out if I didn't find this while googling the issue.