Mashine MK3 as Komplet Browser in Live

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
jackercrack

Mashine MK3 as Komplet Browser in Live

Post by jackercrack » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:40 pm

Hi there.

Looking for some input using Mashine Studio Mk3 in Live. I'm trying to avoid using the Maschine Software.

All I'm looking to do is easily browse through the Komplete Library and use the Maschine for some basic midi control...while doing most of the melodic/harmonic playing and recording on the push. I have used the Komplete Kontrol Mk1 Keyboards and really enjoyed the flow...but I'm trying to not have to look at a laptop screen. I also like the form factor of the Maschine vs a keyboard.

Thank you for your time.

Rootxp

Re: Mashine MK3 as Komplet Browser in Live

Post by Rootxp » Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:48 am

Hello,
As far as i know, this is a topic lying in the hands of native instruments, not Ableton / Ableton workarounds. I might be wrong, but as far as i know Native Instruments sadly made the decision to make Maschine Controllers be forcefully intertwined with the Software of Maschine - while in order to access the smooth Komplete Kontrol Browsing, you re forced to have a Keyboard. But feel free to prove me wrong, i sold my Maschine a while ago, now having a S49Mk2 with an Mpd218 , so i can not test it!
Here s what i read about this topic in the NI forum
https://community.native-instruments.co ... other-daws

jackercrack

Re: Mashine MK3 as Komplet Browser in Live

Post by jackercrack » Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:11 am

Cool. Thank you for the response. The exact answer I was looking for. I wish they made the MK2 in a 25 key... I love the s25 Mk1...just was looking to have the screens.

Thank you.