Connecting Arturia MicroFreak to Ableton Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
davethewave2.0

Connecting Arturia MicroFreak to Ableton Live

Post by davethewave2.0 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:28 am

Hey all, newcomer to DAWs and Synths here. I was wondering if someone could describe exactly how they connected their Arturia MicroFreak Synth to Ableton Live so that they can play and hear the MF's onboard sounds through an Ableton MIDI track? Can you connect external synths to sync with your Ableton session's tempo, so that it can communicate with your VST drum machines and such?

Thanks

EBravo

Re: Connecting Arturia MicroFreak to Ableton Live

Post by EBravo » Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:35 am

So the video link you linked to skips past the exact things people need to know step by step how to do. It starts by saying: "I'm assuming you've plugged into midi and audio out and enabled the midi controls on this menu" then doesn't give an example of how to do that. The missing piece people are looking for is the thing you assumed we already knew in the video. Its not good to assume. Go through each step. And explain: why do we need to connect via USB AND MIDI? Do we need to connect via USB at all if we are connecting via midi? Dont assume we know the answer. If we did we wouldn't be here. And explain why were plugging sound out.

I would like an update to this video that doesn't skip the "simple" steps because many many newcomers will face the exact problem of how to connect the devices that you're skipping.

AbletonMASCHINE

Re: Connecting Arturia MicroFreak to Ableton Live

Post by AbletonMASCHINE » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:52 am

Sorry, I'm the wrong addressee. Please contact the owner of that YT video,