ableton simpler quality

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
hauldaen

ableton simpler quality

Post by hauldaen » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:47 pm

Hello, I hope this hasn't been posted yet but I swear I could not find anything online about it.
Maybe it's really stupid but I can't figure it out myself and I need help at this point.
I was tryna create an ableton template and while setting default settings for simpler and sampler I wanted to do a test about these devices' quality.
I loaded the same sample in audio track and midi track (both simpler and sampler), everything is set flat, no filters no lfo, vol<vel 0%, sample is at 127 velocity on the midi track, no FX, no FX on the master and put one out of phase with the other.
Same sample peaks at 0.00 dB on channel track, then I hit play and I get a click on the master at -33.0 dB, so they are not completely the same. Maybe I did the test wrong, can anybody help me? I looked over Decap's videos on simpler and those don't solve my particular issue. Can't find any information about it.

Thank you very much :D

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: ableton simpler quality

Post by [jur] » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:56 pm

I guess Simpler's Warp mode is turned on.
If not then that's probably because of the Interpolation setting (only found in Sampler), that would kick in as soon as you're not play the root note.
Ableton Forum Moderator

hauldaen

Post by hauldaen » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:11 pm

both these things are checked, the sample is unwarped and at best interpolation

siliconarc

Post by siliconarc » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:58 pm

Did you set Simpler/Sampler's device Volume to 0db? They default to -12db