Audio delay when recording hardware from Digitone

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Citizen

Audio delay when recording hardware from Digitone

Post by Citizen » Thu May 04, 2023 3:45 am

This is the first time I've tried recording synced audio from my Digitone into Live, so please bear with me.

I'm sending Transport and Clock from Ableton to the DT. All good. When I run the audio direct from my DT to my monitors it is in sync with Ableton.

But, when I record the audio from my Digitone to Ableton through my Novation Audiohub 2x4, there is a lag of about a 1/4 note. I've tried changing the Buffer Size in Ableton, and it seems to make no difference. I also tried adjusting the Driver Error Compensation, but again this didn't seem to change anything.

My default settings are Buffer Size: 512 Samples, and Driver Error Compensations is 0.00 ms.

Is there anything else I can try to resolve this issue?

Chancery

Re: Audio delay when recording hardware from Digitone

Post by Chancery » Thu May 04, 2023 6:35 am

This comes up regularly.
Often the solution is to get the audio from your DT into Live via a MIDI track with an External Instrument in it, instead of via an audio track.
My guess is that being a MIDI track, Live only contemplates MIDI data for latency compensation, while the audio coming in through a side entrance so to speak, is left alone.
Another option some claim works (it usually doesn't for me) is to just turn on the Options>Reduce Latency When Monitoring option.