More Tuplet Options, Please?

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Neuro... No Neuro

More Tuplet Options, Please?

Post by Neuro... No Neuro » Sun May 21, 2023 2:36 pm

Yes, I know all about how to stretch/squash MIDI in Ableton (have watched several videos on how to do that), and all the various M4L tools to allow for this (Nestup seems to be popular for this). It was the amongst the very first things I searched for. I'm looking for the sequencing 'grid' to be exactly in whatever tuplet division I'm looking to use - not stretching/squashing/coding. Just a plain 'snap to grid', like nearly every other piano-roll sequencer (Reaper, Bitwig, etc.).

I would love to create a quintuplet division, for example, in 5/4 (which would then be 5/5), and have that be the main time signature. Not having to change the grid of every new MIDI clip I make.

Also, disable the "Loop" function on every new MIDI clip I make - let me choose whether it's going to loop or not.

Neuro... No Neuro

Re: More Tuplet Options, Please?

Post by Neuro... No Neuro » Mon May 29, 2023 10:26 am

Please? It's still enjoyable sequencing in Ableton Live, but would be more fun to have full tuplet control!

Neuro... No Neuro

Post by Neuro... No Neuro » Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:35 am

Yep, still hoping for this one - it would be wonderful to have more tuplet settings in the Arrange view. Using additional sequencers to be triggered via MIDI is an unnecessary extra step.

jurgen.simpson

Post by jurgen.simpson » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:07 pm

Yes this... More options please!

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:54 am

L12 basically brings "anytuplet" power with the new divide midi notes feature.
Ableton Forum Moderator

Neuro... No Neuro

Post by Neuro... No Neuro » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:37 am

[jur] wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:54 am
L12 basically brings "anytuplet" power with the new divide midi notes feature.
Saw that, it's a way to do this, but it does not change the MIDI grid. The capability to change the MIDI snap-to-grid option is what I'm looking for.
Reaper's got it, Renoise has it in their tracker options. I believe Bitwig has it as well. The new Live 12 functionality has already been available with some M4L Devices, though it is nice!