Ableton Note wishlist

Discuss Note with other users.
ChrisDrones

Re: Ableton Note wishlist

Post by ChrisDrones » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:22 pm

- Druck Rack: Display Sample Name (maybe first X chars on small screen) and / or at leat highlight Pads who have a sample loaded. Currently not visible which pad has a sample loaded
- In "Piano Roll" View add a "create new note" Button
- In "Piano Roll" View add a "move note freely" Button to drag and drop selected notes
- More Bars
- Define a "User Samples" Folder freely , instead of pre-declared folder/ Import flow
- Midi Input
- When adding a new device it seems to pick something random (?) ..just let us choose from the root directory for devices
- Android Support

Pandamonium

Post by Pandamonium » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:56 am

1. Step Sequencer
2. More than 8 bars
3. Guitar amp and cab FX (guitar players use Ableton too!)
4. Operator
Visit Pandamonium Records homepage @ http://www.pandamonium.com.au

Site best viewed with stereo cranked.

Pandamonium

Post by Pandamonium » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:01 pm

Pandamonium wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:56 am
1. Step Sequencer like push
2. More than 8 bars
3. Guitar amp and cab FX (guitar players use Ableton too!)
4. Operator
5. Sample recording count in
6. More sample editing options/looping. Be great to be able to use this as a notepad playing Guitar/Harp/Sax/vocals over sequences. Not everyone that uses ableton is a keyboard player..
7. errr.. panning in the mixer
Visit Pandamonium Records homepage @ http://www.pandamonium.com.au

Site best viewed with stereo cranked.

Post by 102455 » Thu May 25, 2023 9:13 pm

Integrate Note usage to new Push 3 standalone (wi-fi transfer).

joad1

Post by joad1 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:18 pm

External sample folder access
MIDI mapping

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:46 pm

I just discovered I can send MIDI from AUM and use my various MIDI sequencers to play Note (e.g. Pure Acid for 303 style, Sugar Bytes Turnado, various from Audiomodern … etc)

Unfortunately there’s no way to route the audio, which is a real shame as the sounds/presets are great. I remember during the beta I was told there are no plans to add AUv3 or Audiobus support as the main purpose is to sketch ideas for Live, but the quality of the sounds make it worth having just on its on on iPad, and I have many very cool fx apps that I use all the time in AUM, like everything from Sugar Bytes.

I’ve started using Sonobus to stream audio between iPad and Desktop, and it has a standalone iOS app as well as plugins, but it would still need AUv3 or Audiobus support to tap the audio from its output

Now that’s possible with MIDI it seems like it’s almost there already so might as well complete the package and give the option

Arpanet1969

Post by Arpanet1969 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:27 pm

102455 wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 9:13 pm
Integrate Note usage to new Push 3 standalone (wi-fi transfer).
That'd be amazing as I pretty much bought a standalone Push 3 since I've been using Note constantly and figured I'd transfer my sketches over and flesh them out on the Push. I've connected with Note in a way I never have with any other app or software really, I use it whenever I have a spare moment and love going back to previous tracks to tweak and add things to them. If I could could just shoot them over to the Push without the middleman of Live I'd love it even more! Also, parameter recording is one of my favorite things in Note and being able to edit that in the Push would be fantastic. BTW, thank you Ableton for this incredible app!

alaarab

Post by alaarab » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:23 am

pitch bend is needed. i'm surprised its not in there yet.

also, the EQ that's in there right now is not so great, get something more like EQ 8 in there, it currently doesn't feel like I can EQ all that much with whats there.

maybe be nice enough to give 4 effects on each rack. sometimes the amount of sounds in there by default feels limiting and it would be great to have further possibilities with the sound design capabilities.

RainerG

Post by RainerG » Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:56 am

Chromatic Mode for all keys would be great … and in general same Lay-out choices of pads then on the Push … would give me the chance to learn how to play the push as an instrument on the go. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everybody!

mattdrago.music

Post by mattdrago.music » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:41 am

A huge improvement to Note would be to allow for a larger variety of note input formats for any of the melodic instruments. Other people have already requested this same feature in this forum, but I'll say it again anyway because of how crucial it is for this app to stand out in this market.

For example, one of the configurations for playing notes with an instrument is where the pads are placed chromatically left to right and each row is ascending in fifths starting from the bottom, exactly like the strings on a guitar. However, there's only 5 rows instead of six for all of the strings. If I could rotate my phone into landscape mode to extend the range of visible notes as well as adding another row to essentially have all 6 strings, that would be a game changer. For artists that play keys, they could rotate their phone and have (for example) 2 octaves of piano keys displayed for them to use. I know these aren't new ideas by any stretch of the imagination, hell these are all already being used in the Push and various other controllers that have been around for years.

The entire point of the Capture function is to allow for recording the user's inputs in real time and play it back, right? So an improvement that allows the user to utilize a wider range of notes would make the Capture function that much more user friendly and intuitive. The entire point of Ableton Note is to allow artists to capture their ideas at any time without needing a computer, so something like this that could significantly improve the workflow and allow for less time spent editing and more time spent playing seems like a no brainer.

restrictor

Post by restrictor » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:38 pm

Scene chain, the same way it works for export would be ok

insumX

Post by insumX » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:37 am

del
Last edited by insumX on Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

insumX

Post by insumX » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:41 am

1. In "Piano roll" ad option to hear the note when u press it or move.

2. in "Piano roll" ad some grid with ability to set transparent level of it

elettricoelettrico

Post by elettricoelettrico » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:49 pm

Midi out and piano roll editing. Maybe the possibility of audio track but not so necessary

kingof9x

Post by kingof9x » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:23 pm

I really hope Android is on the to do list