Please support class compliant 32/32 USB audio interface in push 3 standalone

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
binarysun

Please support class compliant 32/32 USB audio interface in push 3 standalone

Post by binarysun » Fri May 26, 2023 9:30 pm

... Subject says it all. Please Ableton make it possible.

I don't have any adat devices but I have a fully equipped class compliant audio interface that I would really like to attach to the push in standalone mode. I mean the Push 3 supports Class Complaint Midi interfaces. Why shouldn't it support 32/32 Class Compliant Audio Interfaces as well?

hellnegative_

Re: Please support class compliant 32/32 USB audio interface in push 3 standalone

Post by hellnegative_ » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:33 pm

Which interface do you have?

maxmatteo

Re: Please support class compliant 32/32 USB audio interface in push 3 standalone

Post by maxmatteo » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:33 am

binarysun wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 9:30 pm
... Subject says it all. Please Ableton make it possible.

I don't have any adat devices but I have a fully equipped class compliant audio interface that I would really like to attach to the push in standalone mode. I mean the Push 3 supports Class Complaint Midi interfaces. Why shouldn't it support 32/32 Class Compliant Audio Interfaces as well?

usb audio is a complex thing, trust me.... they will only do it if its mature and tested...
current focus on the push software side is stability & features for now... so dont expect anything soon

binarysun

Post by binarysun » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:16 pm

hellnegative_ wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:33 pm
Which interface do you have?
Sorry for the very late reply. It's a Behringer X32 Rack with the S16 expansion. It's nice if you absolutely need Class Compliance and have the need for many I/O ports. From a usability standpoint and if you only use a Win-PC or Mac, then something like an Antelope Orion 32+ is way better. It's only using 1HE of space (not 6-ish HE) and it produces a way better audio quality. Also the S16 has front facing I/O only which I absolutely hate because it looks cluttered. I sold my 3 MOTU Interfaces for the X32 years ago because I absolutely needed Class Compliance which I did regret in the long term.

TL;DR:
- if you need Class Compliance and MANY I/O ports: X32 all the way
- otherwise: Anything else like MOTU or Antelope
maxmatteo wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:33 am
usb audio is a complex thing, trust me.... they will only do it if its mature and tested...
current focus on the push software side is stability & features for now... so dont expect anything soon
Yeah I know and I see how Akai struggles with it (mostly because they refuse to add a samples cache setting). But I feel Audio CC is way more useful to many people.

Regarding Stability & Features I hope Ableton is progressing here. I feel that Live 12 does not bring much that would bring the P3 forward