DS Sampler Issue

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
spiraleddie

DS Sampler Issue

Post by spiraleddie » Fri May 26, 2023 2:09 pm

Hi guys, I have been loving the DS plugins and have been using DS sampler for the vast majority of my drums in my projects for the last few months. The other day I was working on a project that didn't seem like an especially heavy CPU load but my usage started spiking. I saved the project and closed out of Ableton. Ever since then I've been getting a strange delay/volume drop out effect with DS Sampler not playing back what's in the piano roll. For example, if I have a 4 on the floor kick going, I only hear the first and last notes.

I'm not getting volume drop outs with other Max plugins, standard Ableton plug ins or 3rd party vsts. I reached out to Ableton support about this but haven't heard back yet.

Anybody have any insights?

I am running the latest versions of 11 and Max on a Macbook Pro (2015).

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: DS Sampler Issue

Post by [jur] » Fri May 26, 2023 2:19 pm

Did it start to happen after the L11.3.2 update?
Ableton Forum Moderator

spiraleddie

Post by spiraleddie » Fri May 26, 2023 4:20 pm

Hey thanks for your reply, maybe that is the issue, I have automatic updates on so I thought 11.3.2 had been running for a while but I guess the release was only a few days ago correct? which make sense give when the problem started. I will try re-installing the previous version and see if that resolves the issue.

spiraleddie

Post by spiraleddie » Fri May 26, 2023 8:16 pm

Reverting to version 11.2 fixed the problem! Crazy! be warned y'all!

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sat May 27, 2023 12:56 am

Please report to Support
thx
Ableton Forum Moderator

Rivanni

Post by Rivanni » Sat May 27, 2023 10:31 am

I can reproduce the issue. No problems with an older version of Max but with Max 8.5.4 it goes wrong. It's just like not every key press or note has the same velocity, when in fact it was always the same when I tested.

@spiraleddie Did you report to support?