Interactive Auto-Filter controls

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
dmyra

Interactive Auto-Filter controls

Post by dmyra » Sat May 27, 2023 6:52 pm

Let me start by saying thankyou, i appreciate you guys soo much. you guys are the best. best audio program out there. I love the channel eq, and echo they are so freaking badass. take-lanes is wow wow wow. i love the way when you move midi notes that are slightly off-grid, it tends to keep that unless you "push it more"... so genius. no one puts as much love in as you all.

Interactive Auto-Filter controls-

The idea to give the filter a more musical/interactive/dynamic sound -

presently do the best i can leaning on the compression envelopes and things like that

i mostly use low pass and it sounds great if there is a sort of notch connected to the part below the filter. Similar to what the resonance does. Except the reverse. And one could determine the intensity with a percentage knob
A similar concept can be used with gain as well and i do this manually often but it is cumbersome. i do it playing live which is kind of easier but not always perfectly smooth.
The idea to have a gain knob connected to a % knob that tells the unit how much gain should be applied based on how much you change either the filter or resonance.
also possibly a low shelf/notch with a pultecy Q when you crank/att either the rez or filter. that would be the ultra better-maker filter. very musical.
Of course compression can help achieve some of this i do it in automation often and it works like volume with grit. for now i incorporate all these ideas into automation, or other ways. but i feel it would make a very responsive sort of filter that is reactive to the input in various ways one could dial in but limited to settings that mostly sound great, juno60 style.

Brian Enos favorite studio tool is the low pass, you probly know that.

Best wishes