Latency while recording after upgrading to Live 11.3.2

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
malthelm007

Latency while recording after upgrading to Live 11.3.2

Post by malthelm007 » Sun May 28, 2023 6:38 pm

Ok so im experiencing latency in my recordings even when im recording with Monitor set to off (as i always do) running through my Motu ultralite mk5.

This has just started since the last update? I did a couple gigs last week with no latency issues at all.. seems to be happening after this update. am i alone on this?? SO frustrating. Delay comoensation and all that shit in on and reduced latency and whatever...
So now i have to drag my audiofiles in sync after ive recorded my material.. it is SO annoying!!! :D

Please help me!!!

Calagan

Re: Latency while recording after upgrading to Live 11.3.2

Post by Calagan » Sun May 28, 2023 6:59 pm

Did you recently updated the firmware of the Ultralite ?
Do you have another interface you can try ?

Since I started to use a M1 pro macbook, I started to have issues with the Ultralite, and the last firmware did exactly what you described : after some time, I have a half second delay on the input that comes from the interface.
I don't have any issues with the outputs and not issues while mixing for exemple, but the input is randomly delayed after some time.
I have also a MOTu M2, and I never experienced any similar issues...

djsevensteps

Post by djsevensteps » Mon May 29, 2023 8:04 pm

The latest build appears to have serious problems that severely impact performance of just about anything.

If you were fine in the last version I'd wait to see what Ableton support says before going down any rabbit holes on the rest of your gear.

malthelm007

Post by malthelm007 » Tue May 30, 2023 10:57 am

djsevensteps wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 8:04 pm
The latest build appears to have serious problems that severely impact performance of just about anything.

If you were fine in the last version I'd wait to see what Ableton support says before going down any rabbit holes on the rest of your gear.
Yes i have tested it on Apollo Card, Ultralite, Internal Audio Device, all with the same issue. This means i cant use Ableton for live processing atm, this is really frustrating..

djsevensteps

Post by djsevensteps » Tue May 30, 2023 6:03 pm

malthelm007 wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 10:57 am
djsevensteps wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 8:04 pm

Yes i have tested it on Apollo Card, Ultralite, Internal Audio Device, all with the same issue. This means i cant use Ableton for live processing atm, this is really frustrating..
Agree- this latest release is a friggin disaster!

chris harbin

Post by chris harbin » Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:49 pm

Not to belittle your/others issues, but it's swimming along nicely on my windoze 11 machine (and my little lappy)

I've had no latency issues under any circumstances (see my specs below)
Live 11.x Suite, Push 2, AMD Ryzen 7900x @ 4.7 GHZ, Windows 11, 32 GB ram, Volt 2, Nektar T4 and Atom SQ.
Also a new lappy: i7 1269, 32 gigs of ram.

malthelm007

Post by malthelm007 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:31 pm

So ive downgraded to 11.2 to see if the problem still persists and it does! is there any chance this has to do with some apple drivers that are acting wierd?

i've done a test where im recording the click track into my mic on my computer with monitoring OFF and no plugins in the project, and im still getting noticeable latency. This was not an issue for me a few weeks ago.

diaseis

Post by diaseis » Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:21 am

I have some similar problem with MIDI latency. Actually I get huge latency (I'd say about 300 ms) for basically every input. This only happens to some of my projects and I haven't identified how it happens.

I found some temporary workaround : when one of my projects gets mysteriously "contaminated", the only solution I found was to create a new project (which usually works perfectly fine with respect to latency) and to drag and drop all the tracks of the project I want to "cure" in this new project and all of the sudden, everything works fine, until next time the project gets contaminated.

However this is really frustrating to have regularly to do that and to actually have no idea about what causes this.

By the way I use Windows 11, so if your problem is the same as mine (which I'm not sure about) this is not due to Mac OS
Ableton Live 10 64bits, Push 2, Windows 10