push 3 connection issues

Discuss Push with other users.
byrdbass

push 3 connection issues

Post by byrdbass » Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:39 pm

Hey Everybody,
Just got my Push 3 standalone Yesterday and want to try and get my projects and custom instrument racks on the the unit. I got the software updated to version 1.1 and Authorized it, but am having trouble getting to connect over wifi to my Laptop. It will not show up in "Places" in my Ableton set...
I'm running Mac OS Monterey 12.6 on a MacPro 2017. I can't get it to connect via USB either, as it won't show up as an optional audio engine in preferences or Mac Sound settings.
Any one else having this issue? What OS are you using if running a mac and using your new push 3?

kreativsein

Re: push 3 connection issues

Post by kreativsein » Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:53 pm

hi, monterey 12.6.5 and wifi connection works perfect. also controller mode via usb works fine.
macbook pro 14 with m1 max 2021

beatswilsonian

Post by beatswilsonian » Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:07 am

Same issue here with Push not showing in Places. I think I'm having some type of network issue I can't sort out. I had to go to another network to authorize and, even then, accessing push.local would only work on my phone. But I tried another laptop entirely on my current network, and it still wouldn't show in Places. Older laptop running Catalina and my M2 running Ventura. I am able to get it to show as a soundcard connected via USB, though.

Edit: Solution for me was a hard reset of my network. Finally appeared in Places.

dest4b

Post by dest4b » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:41 am

Same problem for me no LinK no Ableton connectio to its Browser. After restart from Ableton it was visible for 30 seconds.

Help form Ableton: Reset the Ableton installation. Result: Nothing changed. And Problem is not known for support.

My Solution: "Old" Asus GT-AC5300 ( Broadcom chipset ) swapped with a different Accespoint
_________________________/
http://www.soundcloud.com/dest4b

scientist

Post by scientist » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:13 pm

I'm also having this issue. "0 available Pushes" in the browser under Places > Push, and Link does not function.

I've tried with two different Macs running Ventura 13.1 (Mac Studio) and Ventura 13.3.1 (MacBook Pro), did the usual uninstall/reinstall/shtudown/restart. Everything except MacOS is on the latest version. Will try 13.4 on one of the computers next.

I can authorize, download packs, etc. so it's not the internet connection itself, only the direct comms between Push and Live/Link on Macs. Modem is an Arris G36 which due to my ISP's limited approved devices list is pretty much the only one I can use.

Update: I plugged in an older router - Netgear C6300v2 - and it works without a hitch, so maybe Ableton needs to update Push and Link to work with newer modems? Beats me, but unless forum mods know anything I suppose I just have to wait for my support ticket to get answered.

adrien.doerig

Post by adrien.doerig » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:48 am

scientist wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:13 pm
I'm also having this issue. "0 available Pushes" in the browser under Places > Push, and Link does not function.

I've tried with two different Macs running Ventura 13.1 (Mac Studio) and Ventura 13.3.1 (MacBook Pro), did the usual uninstall/reinstall/shtudown/restart. Everything except MacOS is on the latest version. Will try 13.4 on one of the computers next.

I can authorize, download packs, etc. so it's not the internet connection itself, only the direct comms between Push and Live/Link on Macs. Modem is an Arris G36 which due to my ISP's limited approved devices list is pretty much the only one I can use.

Update: I plugged in an older router - Netgear C6300v2 - and it works without a hitch, so maybe Ableton needs to update Push and Link to work with newer modems? Beats me, but unless forum mods know anything I suppose I just have to wait for my support ticket to get answered.
Any updates on this? I'm having exactly the same issue where push can be authorized and updated so the internet connection seems fine but push is not detected in places by live. I checked that firewall is off.

dest4b

Post by dest4b » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:28 am

AS the support answers me i have to reset my Ableton on my Computer.. i was a bit .. mm angry ?
Because i had the problem on my BIG DAW and on my Notebook, it could not caused by the Ableton installtion.

I tried it with WIFI Hotspot of my Mobilephone. And that works.
So i decided to by a new Accesspoint. Now it is working.
And im sure it is not a Bug of my old Accesspoint becauese Push was visible in the Network .. also Pingable.
But no connection in Ableton and no LINK possible. But all other devices i have that are able to use LINK was working in my WIFI. Except Push3

So what you can do is:

1. Wait if Ableton will fix that.
2. Use USB to Ethenet Adapter with Liniux compatibility
3. Buy a new Accesspoint. I can confirm that Unifi Hotspots are working ;)

cheers.
_________________________/
http://www.soundcloud.com/dest4b

scientist

Post by scientist » Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:00 pm

adrien.doerig wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:48 am
Any updates on this? I'm having exactly the same issue where push can be authorized and updated so the internet connection seems fine but push is not detected in places by live. I checked that firewall is off.
No update, still waiting on a response from Ableton support.

jiggle

Post by jiggle » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:40 pm

If your on a wired network the t-link ue300 works for an ethernet connection. I grabbed a ue330 as it was cheaper and included a 3 port usb hub, it works a treat. With a wired connection my push has been excellent when it comes to appearing in live.

The instruction say you can ethernet it directly to your pc, but i plugged mine into a network switch and its great. If your wifi is a little flaky this would be a reliable fix.

bodom76

Post by bodom76 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:55 am

scientist wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:13 pm

Exact issue I am having. I really don't want to change my router out if at all possible.

EDIt - using a hotspot and it works. Not optimal at all but it works. I really hope abelton fixes this asap.

Roodegar

Post by Roodegar » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:48 am

I had the same problem. My WIFI-router has a 2.4 GHz and a 5 GHz network. What fixed it for me was just switching my Mac and the Push to the other network. That's all I had to do. Give this a try if you have a similar setup.

Player23459

Post by Player23459 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:51 pm

Same problem here.
When I connect Push 3 via USB to my iMac (MacOS Catalina version 10.15.7) and in the settings I choose "Control Live", the Push 3 is not visible from my Mac, and I can't control Live with the Push 3. I've also tried to link it via Wifi, using the same wifi, but it does not appear in "Places". Wifi is working on Push 3 as I can download packs and updates, but I can't see Push in Live.
So Push 3 standalone is not usable as a controller, which is frustrating to say the least...
Do you have any idea?

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:20 pm

Are you using the USB c connection and not the USB A port on Push 3?
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com