So i just bought a brand new push 2 in April...... Lol

Discuss Push with other users.
KerrT

So i just bought a brand new push 2 in April...... Lol

Post by KerrT » Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:34 pm

Recon we can expect any future features/firmware updates and forsee capability of push 2 with live moving forward? Or is it dead in the water?

I've used cubase for more than 18years but i've been converted to Abelton this year, bought a push 2 in April only for push 3 to come out less than a few months later!! FML lolol

End of the day i'm still learning all the features of the software so its still a great device, no regrets! But would be a downer if this means i'll only get like a year or two use out a device i've spent so many bucks on.

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: So i just bought a brand new push 2 in April...... Lol

Post by [jur] » Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:49 pm

Push 1 is still supported and updated and so does Push 2.
As long as this can be supported, they will be.
Ableton Forum Moderator

bobbyduracel

Post by bobbyduracel » Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:27 pm

I have a P2 alongside my P3. I thought I was going to instantly want to have matching P3s for workflow ease, but honestly they’re easy to go back and forth. There’s NOTHING wrong with Push2. Three is just an upgrade w/ standalone options, but TBH if i was on a budget and had to stick with P2 for another year, there’s not much lost in terms of capability/workflow.
#livefullycharged

chris harbin

Post by chris harbin » Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:13 pm

I guessing MPE is probably the biggest thing?

Yeah, glad to know that they work side by side in case I (gulp) ever go in that direction :)
Live 11.x Suite, Push 2, AMD Ryzen 7900x @ 4.7 GHZ, Windows 11, 32 GB ram, Volt 2, Nektar T4 and Atom SQ.
Also a new lappy: i7 1269, 32 gigs of ram.

weston underwood

Post by weston underwood » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:49 am

I've got both. I'm having problems with using the Push 3 as my desktop mac is so ancient so awaiting a new mac mini to be able to use it properly (it does work fine with my laptop). Hence going back and forwards between the two. In some ways I prefer Push 2, I prefer words rather than icons but then I'm a native English speaker, aesthetically I much prefer the black grid lines to the white! At this point you're missing out on a bit but not as much as you might think, I often want to do something on the push only to discover that can only be set up in Live but as the firmware/software develops I think Push 3 will grow into a much better tool/instrument medium to long term.

chris harbin

Post by chris harbin » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:07 pm

weston underwood wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:49 am
I've got both. I'm having problems with using the Push 3 as my desktop mac is so ancient so awaiting a new mac mini to be able to use it properly (it does work fine with my laptop). Hence going back and forwards between the two. In some ways I prefer Push 2, I prefer words rather than icons but then I'm a native English speaker, aesthetically I much prefer the black grid lines to the white! At this point you're missing out on a bit but not as much as you might think, I often want to do something on the push only to discover that can only be set up in Live but as the firmware/software develops I think Push 3 will grow into a much better tool/instrument medium to long term.
Even though I'm not a mac guy, I can virtually guarantee you're going to love it ;) Getting something that is "up to date" and can properly run all these goodies is one of the best investments you can make.

My desktop is a monster, but I recently upgraded to a new laptop, and it's LIGHT YEARS from the old one. So nice to be able to run Live w/o bottlenecks and hickups when using it.
Live 11.x Suite, Push 2, AMD Ryzen 7900x @ 4.7 GHZ, Windows 11, 32 GB ram, Volt 2, Nektar T4 and Atom SQ.
Also a new lappy: i7 1269, 32 gigs of ram.