Guitar directly into Push 3

Discuss Push with other users.
Machinesworking

Guitar directly into Push 3

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:37 pm

As the topic states. I'm super curious as to if people have plugged a guitar directly into Push 3 and gotten good results?

RedBeerT

Re: Guitar directly into Push 3

Post by RedBeerT » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:12 pm

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:32 pm

Sure! The preamps have instrument level input option so it works great.
Then, there's Amp's very "specific" sound... that's the only stock Live device I replace with a 3rd party plugin because I don't like its fake sound but it's good enough for playing stuff and recording ideas, and replace it later in the box.
And you can still direct your track's output to a real amp :wink:
Ableton Forum Moderator

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:16 am

[jur] wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:32 pm
Sure! The preamps have instrument level input option so it works great.
Then, there's Amp's very "specific" sound... that's the only stock Live device I replace with a 3rd party plugin because I don't like its fake sound but it's good enough for playing stuff and recording ideas, and replace it later in the box.
And you can still direct your track's output to a real amp :wink:
Mostly I ordered Push 3 stand alone because I’m sitting here out by of town with a Launchpad, Roli Block, Babyface and laptop to get essentially the same functionality I’ll get with P3, so if s got to know the inputs are good enough o get guitars in. I’m a big fan of Amplitube so I’m not expecting anything like that, but a decent enough sound to write with will work, I’ll mess with Amp and see if I can’t get something decent out of it.
What would be amazing is if it was possible to get developers to code things for Push stand alone, I suppose that could happen via M4L. :)