Standalone push crash on connect to Wifi

Discuss Push with other users.
redfive001

Standalone push crash on connect to Wifi

Post by redfive001 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:17 pm

I accidently connected my push to a public wifi network instead of my own. I think the network won't let you actually connect to the internet. My push ended up crashing. Now when I boot up my push the Wi-Fi is off by default and when I try to turn it the screen goes black and then it crashes. Anyone have any ideas? I don't want to reset my push to factory settings, because I spent all day playing with it in stand alone mode. I would really prefer to not lose my work. In hindsight the first thing I should have done is update it. It's running 1.0.1. If there is a way to transfer my existing sets to live via USB that would be great!

Anyone else having this issue?

Tarekith

Re: Standalone push crash on connect to Wifi

Post by Tarekith » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:49 pm

Sadly I think your best bet is going to be to focus on getting the firmware in push updated to v1.1 first and foremost. The version youre running is definitely much buggier.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:35 pm

Yeah, the factory version should be updated asap to 1.1.
You can try connecting it via ethernet.
If it doesn't work, I'm afraid you'll have to do a factory reset.
Ableton Forum Moderator

redfive001

Post by redfive001 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:20 pm

Thank you for the help! I was able to connect to my PC using a USB to ethernet cable. My push failed to update, it gets stuck checking for update until it eventually says its up to date. For anyone else who runs into this issue, push should show up in live when it's in stand alone mode. It should appear in your library in live and then you can open each set individually and save it to your PC. I'm now going to factory reset it and update.