Push 3 Crashing

Discuss Push with other users.
ezbot

Push 3 Crashing

Post by ezbot » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:47 am

This is not a criticism post, just logging data.

My Push 3 has crashed 5x times in a few hours of playing with it.

Crashed upon using CAPTURE.

Crashed when returning from controller mode to standalone. (this was an endless boot, I restarted it after 5 minutes)

Crashed opening an MPE instrument twice.

Crashed when trying to save a project.

Another bug I found was if I change the sample rate, it didn't seem to inform the built in Ableton and I started get clipping very easily. It fixed it self after a crash and a reboot. (This only happened once that I am aware of)

I am not a novice with computers or hardware and I understand this is a brand new device and I have one of the first units. I love it so far, the MPE instruments made me stop fantasizing about an Osmose or Prophet X. Cheers Ableton, I know these issues will be resolved and I have turned on error reporting in my Push 3.
youtube.com/ezbot

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Push 3 Crashing

Post by [jur] » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:27 pm

Please make sure to report this to Support, thx!
Ableton Forum Moderator

adrien.doerig

Post by adrien.doerig » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:58 pm

Hi, this is not a complaint post either - I'm loving push 3 when it works - but i also have many bugs (similar to what was described in the original post) and, not being so familiar with this kind of device, i was wondering if we can hope the issues will be solved by firmware updates or if my unit itself is problem? Thanks!

resequenced

Post by resequenced » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:03 pm

adrien.doerig wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:58 pm
Hi, this is not a complaint post either - I'm loving push 3 when it works - but i also have many bugs (similar to what was described in the original post) and, not being so familiar with this kind of device, i was wondering if we can hope the issues will be solved by firmware updates or if my unit itself is problem? Thanks!
You may want to write down the issues you run into on this forum and report them to support. This should allow them to fix them sooner.

Collecting the crash reports to send them to support is a very good idea. I wouldn't assume we're all running into the same crashes. The workflows may be different. We might be triggering different bugs with similar outcomes.

adrien.doerig

Post by adrien.doerig » Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:30 pm

Ok thanks I'll compile a list and send it then! Is it just a matter of creating a post on this forum or should I flag it in some special way?

But this is good news, it sounds like bugs are to be expected early on then, and should be fixed in the future! I was worried my unit was screwed up.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:21 am

There’s no official support or bug reporting on the forum, you’d need to contact them here:

https://www.ableton.com/en/help/#contact-support