Anyone having this issue?

Discuss Push with other users.
Cryptic One

Anyone having this issue?

Post by Cryptic One » Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:53 am

I got the Push 3 standalone primarily for performance. My performance consists of lots of audio clips

I have not been able to successfully port any of my performance sets to the push 3 standalone. Everytime I do, either the samples are all offline (this is after doing collect and save both via "manage files" and via "collect & save" from the file menu or i get an error saying "uploading to push failed"

I even tried to just transfer all the audio as wavs and try and rebuild my live set on the standalone just to test it out. but anytime i try to send an audio file, or a project to the push I get that error that says "uploading to push failed". then i see the clips but all of the samples are offline

its been a frustrating 2 days of trying everything i can think of to get this working properly but im beginning to think its my unit. i contacted support already. but waiting on them to get back to me

just wondering if anyone is having a similar issue? as it is i cant send any audio to the push, and there is no info online even showing anyone with a similar issue.

kreativsein

Re: Anyone having this issue?

Post by kreativsein » Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:32 am

yes its a bug :D got same issues. very frustrating i know

viewtopic.php?t=247450

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:55 am

Please report to Support , thx.
Ableton Forum Moderator

kreativsein

Post by kreativsein » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:52 am

i mean this is essentielly regarding the push "standalone" workflow.. working on both, standalone and desktop version and transfer your files.
meaning, u cant work with both live versions on a simple project, if u use samples :P

just working in standalone only or use the push 3 as controller for desktop.. thats my methods at the moment :twisted:

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One » Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:54 pm

glad im not alone!

new push firmware 1.1.1 is out... downloading it right now, hopefully it fixes this issue

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:08 pm

nope. same issue with 1.1.1 for me. sigh

$2k and everything seems to work except for the one things that i really need it for. lol

kreativsein

Post by kreativsein » Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:27 pm

i found it! maybe just for me but want to inform,

DONT save or drag&drop your project folder to user library on live desktop.
also try to open your existing project and save it with a new name / folder.
Try it, save your project file on desktop or another place (except the user library) than collect the audio files, transfer to push... boom :D

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:25 pm

kreativsein wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:27 pm
Not strictly P3-related, but good practice in general: it is recommended to not save Projects in the User Library in Live anyway.
Ableton Forum Moderator

kreativsein

Post by kreativsein » Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:06 am

i created a songs folder in the user library to make sure all my ableton stuff is in "root" user library :P but this was my issue, in my case :P

xeamus

Post by xeamus » Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:17 pm

Managed to save a set on another place than usual and transfered that set to Push succesfully. It was only an small audiosample and Push says "Sample is offline"?

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:11 pm

kreativsein wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:06 am
i created a songs folder in the user library to make sure all my ableton stuff is in "root" user library :P but this was my issue, in my case :P
Just to reiterate - never do that.

There are many reasons, the only one I'll mention is: one day you will say "where have all my songs gone and can I recover them?" And the answer will be "no".

Don't save song in the user library. It is a pathway to pain.

Ableton really SHOULD autocreate a "songs" folder for new users, and add it to Places as the default save location for projects. But they don't, and so they probably receive a few hundred "why are my songs all gone" support requests each year.

medenine

Post by medenine » Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:37 pm

Maybe I should create a new thread for this but it seems related. I’m struggling with sets and project saving on the P3. When I check the locations of sets and projects in Live that I created on the Push, they are all over the place, then I need to delete, rename etc, and I worry what this is doing to the samples locations, but I can’t see how to have a new set in its own new project. For example, I have a template set, then I’ll hit duplicate + save to create a new set (not a variation). But I’m not clear that this is creating a new project, and I find it unintuitive to navigate in Push. Anyone figured this out?

bodom76

Post by bodom76 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:44 pm

[jur] wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:25 pm
kreativsein wrote:
Not strictly P3-related, but good practice in general: it is recommended to not save Projects in the User Library in Live anyway.
Is it ok to make a "Songs" folder under /Ableton and save the sessions in there? That's what I have been doing. I also always collect all and save.

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:45 pm

just wanted to come in and say my issue was resolved after lots of back and forth with support. so if anyone else is having that issue here is how it was resolved

turns out my issue was router related. the second i put both computer and push on my phone hotspot it was able to transfer files no problem... so now im off to upgrade my router and hopefully that fixes the issue for good

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:05 am

bodom76 wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:44 pm
[jur] wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:25 pm
kreativsein wrote:
Is it ok to make a "Songs" folder under /Ableton and save the sessions in there? That's what I have been doing. I also always collect all and save.
Anywhere you like, but not in the User Library.
Ableton Forum Moderator