Live 11: can't find built in (ClyphX Pro) lessons...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
J_R

Live 11: can't find built in (ClyphX Pro) lessons...

Post by J_R » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:54 pm

In Live 10's Help Panel, the ClyphX Pro Lessons category did not show up by default.
A workaround was suggested...(see post "Live 10: can't find built in lessons anymore..."). That workaround can still be implemented in Live 11(.3.2...), but even with a (Windows 10) Restart, the fix doesn't (even after clicking on Show all built-in lessons) show up in the Live 11's Help section.

Am I missing something? Is there something else that needs to be added to the workaround to get it to show up?

Also, though it would be wonderful to have a ClyphXPro Section on this forum ( I know, it's been brought up and rejected before.)...

Currently, what is the definitive ClyphX Pro forum. (it does not seem to be https://forum.nativekontrol.com/board/45/clyphx-pro )

ecuk

Re: Live 11: can't find built in (ClyphX Pro) lessons...

Post by ecuk » Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:23 am

I’m far from expert, but according to ClyphX Pro’s manual setup instructions, you have to manually copy everything in the Builtin Lessons folder to Live’s Builtin Lessons folder.

Also, the latest link I have for the ClyphX Pro forum is https://nativekontrol.proboards.com/board/45/clyphx-pro (note the proboards bit in the middle).

Hope that helps.
MacBook Pro, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, 2.3GHz i7-1068NG7, 32GB – Live Suite 12.0.1, Max 8.6.2, Push 2, Scarlett 4i4

J_R

Post by J_R » Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:36 am

Thank you!

Per Manual Setup Instructions.txt:

I went into the folder named MIDI Remote Scripts, copied all of the folders (7) it contained (ClyphX_Pro; ClyphX_Pro_XTA; ClyphX_Pro_STB; ClyphX_Pro_XTC; ClyphX_Pro_XTD; ClyphX_Pro_XTE; _osc), and Pasted these folders into Live's MIDI Remote Scripts directory.
Went into the folder named Builtin Lessons, copied all of the folders (1) it contained and Pasted these folders (ClyphX Pro Category) into Live's Builtin Lessons directory.

Went back into Builtin Lessons/TableOfContents/DefaultToc Lessons and replaced the line $Link Packs.png <Lesson:Internal/BuiltinAutoToc>
with what was there originally
$Link Packs.png <Lesson:Internal/AutoToc>

But after closing Live, Restarting the computer and reopening Live11 I get the message:

ecuk

Post by ecuk » Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:50 pm

Ah, I’m sorry. In the first sentence of your first post you said something about ‘Live 10’s Help Panel’, so I assumed you were talking about Live 10, not Live 11. (I probably should have looked more closely at the subject line, eh?)

It looks to me like you might have ClyphX Pro 1.2.0 or earlier, which are not compatible with Live 11. For Live 11 you need ClyphX Pro 1.3.0, which should be available for download from your account at Isotonik. It has a very different installation process, though, including a manual deinstallation procedure for earlier, ‘legacy’ versions, so please read the installation guide first.
MacBook Pro, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, 2.3GHz i7-1068NG7, 32GB – Live Suite 12.0.1, Max 8.6.2, Push 2, Scarlett 4i4

J_R

Post by J_R » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:55 pm

It looks to me like you might have ClyphX Pro 1.2.0 or earlier, which are not compatible with Live 11. For Live 11 you need ClyphX Pro 1.3.0, which should be available for download from your account at Isotonik.
Thank you again. I hope you can understand that without your replies I cannot, on my own, get any further...

I am using CXP 1.3.0 which I downloaded soon after it had been released (6/23). I so wish I would have had CXP earlier... Because
It has a very different installation process, though, including a manual deinstallation procedure for earlier, ‘legacy’ versions,
that I did not need to go through.

Because of this 'different installation process' I also did not feel I needed to undergo the manual installation procedure that you suggested and I later applied, thus getting me to where I am.

The strange thing about this is, that in some ways, I need to get ClyphX Pro running, in good order, before I attend to Ableton.

What I don't want to have to wonder about is...
With these apparent discrepancies going on (I'm assuming you have CXP, properly installed, and are using it.) I'm wondering if I can just truck on, assuming everything is copacetic, except the installation of the software I am depending on.

ecuk

Post by ecuk » Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:34 am

Hmm, I’m kinda out of ideas at that point. For me following the installation guide that comes with 1.3.0, including doing the legacy deinstallation beforehand, just worked.

Like I said, I’m no expert. The honest truth is that I don’t much use ClyphX Pro nowadays. I pretty much moved away from it not long after Live 11 came out, and ClyphX Pro wasn’t supported for rather a long time. Now I have it installed but don’t really use it. But it does work, and the lessons are clearly there.

You might want to try the ClyphX Pro forum. Both of the links above, yours and mine, bring me to the same place, the official forum provided by the original developer, nativeKontrol.

Hopefully someone who uses it in their workflow far more than I do will have some more helpful ideas.

audiosophy

Post by audiosophy » Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:11 pm

So have you managed to get clyphx installed yet? If you get the latest download from ur isotonik account and follow all the instructions (including the legacy deinstaller) you should be able to create a clip named [] metro and it should toggle the metronome.

I must admit I couldn’t get the built in lessons to work either. Although others say they have. I would just watch the YouTube videos by stray. And if it’s because you need the max for live note handler device I can send you that if you need.

That native kontrol forum is the official one but there’s also a face book group called clyphx pro users which can be a good place to ask questions. Good luck!

J_R

Post by J_R » Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:02 am

You have followed the Live 10 instructions
Go to the midi remote scripts folder and remove all the folders you have installed.

The. Open the live 11 folder provided in the download.

Open the Livee 11 folder and follow the manual instructions there, if you have a non factory location for your user library you’ll need to install the folders following the instructions in that location.
Audi

Thanks for looking in on me. The quote is from a friend at Isotonik. Don't know what I did differently but I got it to work--with the CXP Lessons! One reason I was worried about, as I said: "just trucking on" was I didn't want to have a problem while using CXP in Ableton and feeling bad because the reason could have been that my faulty installation could have been the culprit.

That being said, the Lessons have been a great help for me. I guess because it's my learning style. If you don't need them, and have managed to get on with YouTubes good for you! (I've reviewed all of Stray's and Darren's)

I'm hoping things will just be productive from now on.

leonardmreidy

Post by leonardmreidy » Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:16 pm

For anyone who is still experiencing problems viewing the ClyphX Pro lessons in the Ableton Live Help View please note the following. Also, I am assuming here that you are using Live 11.x.

The target directory is:

Code: Select all

C:\Users\<your_user_name>\Documents\Ableton\Factory Packs

The source directory, i.e., the directory containing the lessons is :

ClyphX-Pro\ClyphX-Pro\Live 11\ClyphX Pro Setup v1.3.0\Factory Packs (Lessons)\ClyphX Pro
The problem you are experiencing boils down to this; there are many directories nested inside the source tree, and the names are similar.

I hope this is helpful to anyone who finds this message.

Cheers All!!!

Trismos

Post by Trismos » Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:10 pm

leonardmreidy wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:16 pm
For anyone who is still experiencing problems viewing the ClyphX Pro lessons in the Ableton Live Help View please note the following. Also, I am assuming here that you are using Live 11.x.

The target directory is:

C:\Users\<your_user_name>\Documents\Ableton\Factory Packs

The source directory, i.e., the directory containing the lessons is :

ClyphX-Pro\ClyphX-Pro\Live 11\ClyphX Pro Setup v1.3.0\Factory Packs (Lessons)\ClyphX Pro
The problem you are experiencing boils down to this; there are many directories nested inside the source tree, and the names are similar.

I hope this is helpful to anyone who finds this message.

Cheers All!!!
I have this set up exactly as you say and still can't see the lessons in Ableton. Clyphx Pro is set up and I get the orange box, and the [TEST] METRO works as it should. Just no lessons.

C:\Users\"ME"\Documents\Ableton\Factory Packs The lessons are themselves folders (15 of them), the 1st being "1 - Action Basic Lessons" for example. Inside each of these though is the same 2kb text document called LessonEN. Nothing else. Does that seem correct?