Piano Roll Full Screen

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
JumpeiAsai

Piano Roll Full Screen

Post by JumpeiAsai » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:35 am

Hi,

Is there a way to make the 2nd screen always open only piano roll to full size?

I select a midi clip and enlarge piano roll to full and it’s fine, then I select an area where no clip is there then select the midi clip again.
Now it goes back to a screen with clip launcher and piano roll. I want to show only piano roll wherever I select midi clips. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

Jum

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Piano Roll Full Screen

Post by [jur] » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:29 am

Yes, it is annoying.
Imo this is a bug, but this could also be interpreted as a design improvement request.
Would be great if you could report to Support.
Ableton Forum Moderator

JumpeiAsai

Post by JumpeiAsai » Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:59 pm

Thank you jur, I sent a report to support.

Synthbuilder

Post by Synthbuilder » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:28 pm

[jur] wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:29 am
Yes, it is annoying.
Imo this is a bug, but this could also be interpreted as a design improvement request.
I think the behaviour has changed. In Live 9 and earlier all you had to do is make the editor bigger and it would mostly stay that way for other midi clips. Now, for any new midi clips it mostly, but not always, defaults to the small size. This may have been changed in Live 10 but I didn't use 10 for long enough before I upgraded to Live 11. But the behaviour was certainly preferable in Live 9 and before.

They also changed the way 'insert midi clip' works. Now it inserts the clip and automatically opens the midi editor window which I don't want it to do ever.

I'll also make a request to support.