Push 3 Standalone Collections Not Syncing

Discuss Push with other users.
jordo

Push 3 Standalone Collections Not Syncing

Post by jordo » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:00 pm

I was able to get my user library and collections to sync the first time I connected Push3 standalone to my machine over wifi but have since made some changes to the collections on my pc. I've tried dragging and dropping my user library from pc to push but that crashes Live.

Has anyone else had collection sync issues? this is really really frustrating that I can't sync changes I've made between my pc and standalone.
phemto.fanlink.to/hi

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Push 3 Standalone Collections Not Syncing

Post by [jur] » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:19 pm

Collections aren't supposed to sync, so I'm not sure about what you observed.
I wouldn't recommend copying your whole Live user library over to your Push user library. You probably have a ton of stuff in here that wouldn't make sense being on Push.
Decide on what you really need to be on Push, and recreate the same folders' structure that you on have on you computer's User Lib. That way sharing sets between the 2 and opening them should work seamlessly (i.e no "file is missing", and less need to collect&save) - just beware that atm this doesn't work correctly my 3rd party M4L devices (one of the consequence is it creates duplicates of those devices).
Ableton Forum Moderator

jordo

Post by jordo » Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:21 am

[jur] wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:19 pm
It definitely copied my collection tags from pc to standalone when I initially connected and copied over sample packs. P3 was in standalone mode and had a bunch of items in each of the collections just like on my pc. I did connect push 3 to my computer via wifi before updating to the day 1 firmware, was the behavior different before 1.1.1 (for some reason my firmware version on the device is labeled 1.0.68 but the updater said "installing 1.1.1")
[jur] wrote:
I wouldn't recommend copying your whole Live user library over to your Push user library. You probably have a ton of stuff in here that wouldn't make sense being on Push.
Decide on what you really need to be on Push, and recreate the same folders' structure that you on have on you computer's User Lib. That way sharing sets between the 2 and opening them should work seamlessly (i.e no "file is missing", and less need to collect&save) - just beware that atm this doesn't work correctly my 3rd party M4L devices (one of the consequence is it creates duplicates of those devices).
That's a bummer if it isn't supposed to work that way. I store all of my curated sample packs/presets/racks in user library and want to sync all of that data to push3 standalone. The stuff that doesn't make sense like m4l devices are stored elsewhere on my computer. I did experiment with some 3rd party m4l devices on standalone just to see what would happen and had lots of odd behavior haha
phemto.fanlink.to/hi

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:21 pm

jordo wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:21 am
[jur] wrote:
It definitely copied my collection tags from pc to standalone when I initially connected and copied over sample packs.
Ah, ok it makes sense. I didn't understand correctly, since you used the word "sync" like if a completely automatic syncing happened by itself without you doing nothing at all, i.e copying your files.

jordo wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:21 am
[jur] wrote:
That's a bummer if it isn't supposed to work that way. I store all of my curated sample packs/presets/racks in user library and want to sync all of that data to push3 standalone. The stuff that doesn't make sense like m4l devices are stored elsewhere on my computer. I did experiment with some 3rd party m4l devices on standalone just to see what would happen and had lots of odd behavior haha
I didn't say it's not supported. Sorry I wasn't very clear, that was just a personal pov.
Go ahead and try it. The more the User Library folders' structure is the same between Live and Push, the easier and transparent jumping sets between them is.
I do this myself; but I was only saying that I'm not copying everything as I think it's not relevant in my case to have everything on Push.
Ableton Forum Moderator

jordo

Post by jordo » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:15 pm

Gotcha, I'm still stuck here though. How can I force the collection tags to sync between my pc and standalone? My collections were all organized for mouse and keyboard, I reorganized them to be navigated via the push but now I can't get these changes to apply to push in standalone. As mentioned before, trying to drag and drop the entire user library completely crashes Ableton on my pc. I've been really diligent about sending in crash reports.
phemto.fanlink.to/hi

jordo

Post by jordo » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:22 pm

[jur] wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:21 pm

Ah, ok it makes sense. I didn't understand correctly, since you used the word "sync" like if a completely automatic syncing happened by itself without you doing nothing at all, i.e copying your files.

I do this myself; but I was only saying that I'm not copying everything as I think it's not relevant in my case to have everything on Push.
If you add items to a collection on your pc then want those items to exist in the same collection on push standalone, how do you do it? This is what I want to do. I want to be able to change collections on pc where it's easy to mass add/remove/rearrange tags then sync those changes with standalone.
phemto.fanlink.to/hi

jordo

Post by jordo » Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:35 pm

Following up because it looks like nobody else is trying to do this. I still can't figure out how to get changes in my collections on pc to transfer over to push standalone.

This is completely insane.

WHY CAN'T I SYNC COLLECTIONS BETWEEN PC AND STANDALONE. DOES ABLETON EXPECT EVERYONE TO REBUILD THEIR ENTIRE COLLECTIONS AGAIN ON STANDALONE AND MANUALLY UPDATE BOTH EVERY TIME THEY MAKE A CHANGE?!?!?!

Beyond frustrating. I'm 1 day away from requesting a refund on push standalone.
phemto.fanlink.to/hi

kreativsein

Post by kreativsein » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:12 pm

there are many things u cant do with standalone...
u can just install packs who registered in your account, what about the free packs u can download from ableton.de and install manually?
or u have to sync ur sample folder for desktop and standalone 1by1 :D

very frustrating

Visitor_CI

Post by Visitor_CI » Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:18 pm

im having issues with 3rd party packs such as wave alchemy revolution and drumvolution, im not sure where to save these in push's library to get them to work. When i simply drag the folder from ableton to push it transfers but upon loading a drum kit no samples or anything are in there.

Any tips?

rg01A

Post by rg01A » Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:23 am

jordo wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:35 pm
Following up because it looks like nobody else is trying to do this. I still can't figure out how to get changes in my collections on pc to transfer over to push standalone.

This is completely insane.

WHY CAN'T I SYNC COLLECTIONS BETWEEN PC AND STANDALONE. DOES ABLETON EXPECT EVERYONE TO REBUILD THEIR ENTIRE COLLECTIONS AGAIN ON STANDALONE AND MANUALLY UPDATE BOTH EVERY TIME THEY MAKE A CHANGE?!?!?!

Beyond frustrating. I'm 1 day away from requesting a refund on push standalone.
Is there any way to have collections move across devices? I'm trying to spend more time with learning the instruments in Live Suite and have been saving sounds and presets to collections on my computer. It seems plainly obvious to me that I should be able to browse and find presets and sounds that I like to work with on my computer, and then have those presets and devices easily accessible in Push Standalone collections without starting from scratch and repeating my work from the Push Standalone interface. (It would also be nice to be able to share collections labels between different computers, too. Is that possible?) It seems the original poster was able to have some form of collections tag synchronicity, but I did not have these collections sorted for myself when I activated Push 3.

rg01A

Post by rg01A » Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:32 pm

Hi all,

Following up on this. Is there any way to send my desktop Live collections data to Push 3 Standalone after initial setup? I cannot figure out how to do this. Not being able to maintain Collections data between desktop and standalone is a glaring hole in functionality and usability.

melkhor

Post by melkhor » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:24 am

jordo wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:15 pm
Gotcha, I'm still stuck here though. How can I force the collection tags to sync between my pc and standalone? My collections were all organized for mouse and keyboard, I reorganized them to be navigated via the push but now I can't get these changes to apply to push in standalone. As mentioned before, trying to drag and drop the entire user library completely crashes Ableton on my pc. I've been really diligent about sending in crash reports.
Know that you are not alone. I also wish there was a way to properly manage collections on push... Which isn't the case right now.

On the other hand, I would keep the two collections separated... Even though some stuff would make it to both collections.