Maping Novation Launch Control XL

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
bkruppik

Maping Novation Launch Control XL

Post by bkruppik » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:22 pm

I need to create several templates for different VST plugins (i.e. Serum, Omnisphere, Pigments etc.). It is rather easy to mat them.
I need to finx some convenient method of storing those settings. I know I can create a midi rack - OK. The question is - how would I switch those settings going from one plugin to another ?
If I for example have first knob mapped to the Filter Cutoff on every plugin, that would be easy, in most cases mappings would be different. I know Novation controler has an option to store the templates but loading them takes to much time.

Another words if I have Serum on track-1, Omnisphere on track-2 and Pigments on track-3, I would like to be able to move from track to track and have the mappings change immediately. Perhaps I am asking to much, I do not know.

I tried in the past some paid scripts but they did not work as expected. I have had issues, so I quite. This was though in 2022, so I wonder if anybody has some tested (working) method for this ?

Thanks (BK)

Quiet Erp

Re: Maping Novation Launch Control XL

Post by Quiet Erp » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:48 am

if I have Serum on track-1, Omnisphere on track-2 and Pigments on track-3, I would like to be able to move from track to track and have the mappings change immediately. Perhaps I am asking to much,
One way is to have each instrument receive midi from a different channel, and change the user presets. So the LCXL in User Preset1 is sending midi on Channel 1, then map this to Serum,
Switch to User 2, which is sending on midi channel 2, map to Omnisphere
Switch to User 3, which is sending on midi channel 3, map to Pigments.
Set this up using Novation Components software and you can switch presets with 2 button presses.
Then in Live set the midi input for the different tracks to the appropriate number.

login

Post by login » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:34 pm

bkruppik wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:22 pm
I need to create several templates for different VST plugins (i.e. Serum, Omnisphere, Pigments etc.). It is rather easy to mat them.
I need to finx some convenient method of storing those settings. I know I can create a midi rack - OK. The question is - how would I switch those settings going from one plugin to another ?
If I for example have first knob mapped to the Filter Cutoff on every plugin, that would be easy, in most cases mappings would be different. I know Novation controler has an option to store the templates but loading them takes to much time.

Another words if I have Serum on track-1, Omnisphere on track-2 and Pigments on track-3, I would like to be able to move from track to track and have the mappings change immediately. Perhaps I am asking to much, I do not know.

I tried in the past some paid scripts but they did not work as expected. I have had issues, so I quite. This was though in 2022, so I wonder if anybody has some tested (working) method for this ?

Thanks (BK)
I Still think using Device configure and a custom script is the best way to go for your problem (using a single control surface for each channel), in the past we had nativeKontrol ddc before but hasnt been updated since live 10. There is also this other tool https://remotify.io/

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:27 pm

You can use PrEditor 2 and LaunchControl XXL to achieve this, both are available at isotonikstudios.com

Cheers
D

bkruppik

Post by bkruppik » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:31 pm

I purchased REMOTIFY as it looked very promissing, but after playing with it for 2 weeks I had to ask for a refund. It was not ready for public use. This was about 2yrs ago. Perhaps I might need to take a look again and see if they fixed multiple issues. TNX