Ableton Live Lite 11 suddenly stopped sending notes to MIDI channels

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
whoisvolos

Ableton Live Lite 11 suddenly stopped sending notes to MIDI channels

Post by whoisvolos » Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:40 pm

Good day and I need to say that situation is weird and not usual like "I havent armed a channel".

I have used Ableton 11 Lite for a year but did some stop (for a winter) and after I connected my MIDI and audio device I found that its not possible to play smth.

1. Tracking Monitor is on and I clearly see that my kbd (Arturia MiniLab mk2) sends MIDI messages.
2. For a test I installed VCV Rack, set my MIDI kbd as source (MIDI/CV input module) and it works perfectly with default project
3. I setted up my kbd in Ableton preferences at MIDI surfaces and set its as input with "Track" and "Remote"
4. MIDI channel is armed but channel's meter isnt jumping no matter if channel has a dropped instrument or not - MAIN PROBLEM
5. When I switch to usual computer keyboard (M key) things stay the same - no metering, no notes on recording, nothing. Tracking meter is flashing.
6. I reinstalled / updated / deleted preferences.cfg / wiped off all ableton-related folders and installed Ableton again - no luck. It started with demo so I think it was really resetted / cleared.
7. No global plugins / interceptor (or how its called) are installed, I usually play as a bassist and use external audio sources, just training with keys. Only plugin I used was XLN Addictive Drums.
8. Sometimes after some random actions (reinstalling, USB port of MIDI or common keyboard switch) a single note shots and everything returns to total silence.
9. Sorry, I forgot - MIDI from "All Ins", "All channels", monitor is "Auto", audio to "Master", channel is armed. I also used monitor as "In" or switched to solo mode - nothing changes.

Firstly things appeared just after computer switching on after several monthes of doing nothing with it. I had version 11.1.16 Live Lite (mb Im wrong, I deleted it already) and now I have 11.3.3 - nothing changes. System is PC / I7 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen. Just like I used it for many tracks for months.

Im totally lost and spent a day without any luck.

whoisvolos

Re: Ableton Live Lite 11 suddenly stopped sending notes to MIDI channels

Post by whoisvolos » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:04 am

Topic can be closed. I have no idea about what it was but Windows updating helped. It does explain nothing, cause PC worked fine until switching off but its how it is. Everything works now, probably reason is the way how Ableton works with USB-based-devices.

wlotus

Re: Ableton Live Lite 11 suddenly stopped sending notes to MIDI channels

Post by wlotus » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:18 pm

I had virtually the same problem. Was running a full Ableton Live Suite v 11.-something. Left the computer off for a few weeks. Booted up; It updated to Live 11.3.3. Result: it was receiving MIDI from my Push 2 and keyboard controller, but no sound from instruments. Even the computer-keyboard MIDI input was not working (although the MIDI signal light in Live was lighting up.) MIDI-OX also reported correct MIDI input data. Restarting Ableton Live, and rebooting Windows did NOT fix it. However, letting Windows install its pending update fixed it. I'm running Windows 10 21H2.