Push 3 Noise in headphones with nothing on

Discuss Push with other users.
mfrederickson

Push 3 Noise in headphones with nothing on

Post by mfrederickson » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:35 pm

Is anyone else experiencing a slight sort of ground noise in headphones in standalone with nothing playing? I think I can hear shutdown, too.

EDIT: Yes, definitely hear a pretty constant low noise, and then shutdown consistently. There is a quick 3 pulse stutter of noise before shutdown. I also hear the noise in the headphone get louder when an unmonitored input to the 1/4" on the back has it's gain increased.

Wondering if this is just me or if ground isn't well isolated?

If no one else is noticing, I'll hook my headphone output up to another interface and get a recording of the noise floor.

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Push 3 Noise in headphones with nothing on

Post by [jur] » Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:28 pm

Not hearing this here.
Might sound stupid but did you try with another headphones to make sure it's coming from Push?
Ableton Forum Moderator

zenkick

Post by zenkick » Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:53 pm

mfrederickson wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:35 pm
Is anyone else experiencing a slight sort of ground noise in headphones in standalone with nothing playing? I think I can hear shutdown, too.

EDIT: Yes, definitely hear a pretty constant low noise, and then shutdown consistently. There is a quick 3 pulse stutter of noise before shutdown. I also hear the noise in the headphone get louder when an unmonitored input to the 1/4" on the back has it's gain increased.

Wondering if this is just me or if ground isn't well isolated?

If no one else is noticing, I'll hook my headphone output up to another interface and get a recording of the noise floor.
Does the noise occur when you have USB plugged in? IOW -- test without USB connected if you haven't.

If so, then you have a USB noise issue, which is notoriously a pain to track down and deal with.
Suite, Push 1, Push 2, Push Standalone

TilliSound

Post by TilliSound » Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:34 pm

Yes, here too. Constant noise on the headphones when the original charger is plugged in. No noise without the charger. Very disappointing for such an expensive device.
Will return it for other reasons as well, it's just way too expensive for the overall poor performance.

knarrrz

Post by knarrrz » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:09 am

I can clearly hear a constant noise with a slightly tonal amount too, but no clicks or pulses here. The level of noise is not dependent on the headphone output gain and you only hear it when the power adapter is plugged in. It's definitely not coming from external USB devices. Stimming mentioned in his review, that the headphone amp is only mediocre and I thought at first, that noise is maybe normal. So it's not?

TilliSound

Post by TilliSound » Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:24 pm

Well, for a device in this price range, a clearly audible noise is not acceptable at all. Not at any output under any power supply conditions. If I buy a Volca or a cheap Behringer, then I can accept such a defect. At 1900 euros definitely not.

knarrrz

Post by knarrrz » Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:40 am

TilliSound wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:24 pm
Well, for a device in this price range, a clearly audible noise is not acceptable at all. Not at any output under any power supply conditions. If I buy a Volca or a cheap Behringer, then I can accept such a defect. At 1900 euros definitely not.
I would think so, too. Actually, I was asking, because when there are even users who don't experience this issue at all, it would be a reason to reach out to the support and to exchange my unit. Next to the case, that my display has a dead pixel.

dest4b

Post by dest4b » Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:41 am

my Push has also very low Noise on Headphone.
But on Audio out i dont have any Noise.

The Noise on Headphones sounds very familiar to my .. like a Computer with Usb noise.

If i Unplug the Power supply its gone.
_________________________/
http://www.soundcloud.com/dest4b

TilliSound

Post by TilliSound » Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:08 pm

knarrrz wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:40 am
TilliSound wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:24 pm
I would think so, too. Actually, I was asking, because when there are even users who don't experience this issue at all, it would be a reason to reach out to the support and to exchange my unit. Next to the case, that my display has a dead pixel.
To put it bluntly: a premium audio device for almost 2000 euros must not have any noise level on its outputs at all. Not even on the headphones. There is really nothing to discuss. Please excuse my direct language.

dest4b

Post by dest4b » Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:22 pm

well it is very low level at least with my 4 Headphones i have checked. Thats maybe the reason others dont notify it.
And at least i dont hear it on Audio Out.
Maybe i will try a different powersupply via USBC ?

But you are right. For an Musical instrument its not verry well. But there are a plenty of other instruments with usb that could cause noise. Most reason is an unisolated USB port.

Inernally in push is probably an usb connection from NUC to audio or Pushs controlsurface.
_________________________/
http://www.soundcloud.com/dest4b

drez

Post by drez » Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:51 pm

Maybe the problem is a faulty power adapter and not the push?
http://www.soundcloud.com/dreznicek
MacBook M1 Pro Max, 64Gig RAM, 4TB internal SSD, Live 11, Push1/2/3, Reason, VST O'Plenty

TilliSound

Post by TilliSound » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:05 am

drez wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:51 pm
Maybe the problem is a faulty power adapter and not the push?
Definitely not. I have taken a closer look at the problem and can say that there is always a noise. It only gets louder with an adapter. So it's a basic hardware problem.

ampush3user

Post by ampush3user » Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:40 am

This is another issue I have!

TheLoudest

Post by TheLoudest » Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:47 am

same problem here

the headphone output is very noisy.. :?

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:11 am

Please report to Support, the Headphone out isn't noisy/bad quality.

Are you using any else than the stock USB-C cable?
Cheap USB cable can very quickly grab stuff floating around.
Ableton Forum Moderator