I am sending my push 3 back

Discuss Push with other users.
ampush3user

I am sending my push 3 back

Post by ampush3user » Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:16 am

This product doesn’t feel finished to me.

Weird discolouring on the first track for the first scenes, touch strip goes crazy and my headphones are crackling, these all appear to be hardware related and not worth £1700 for what appears to be a product rushed to market.

Support wanted videos and logs etc on which appeared to be a copy paste response, not prepared to do that for issues they likely already know about and for something I’ve had for 3 weeks!

bodom76

Re: I am sending my push 3 back

Post by bodom76 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:08 pm

Did you just open a ticket and request a refund? Curious how that process works.

ampush3user

Post by ampush3user » Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:08 pm

Yep, can return within 30 days just quote your invoice number when raising the ticket.

aumrysh

Post by aumrysh » Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:09 pm

I have the exact same issue and got the exact same response from support. I thought it went away with the 1.1.1 update but it didn't.
One temporary fix is to hold select until it switches to modwheel so at least it won't throw your notes out of pitch. You can also press the settings button and press shift, then when you exit the settings, the pitch strip should show that it is in the center.
I think it's some issue with the capacitive strip's sensitivity. I don't seem to have issues with it if I'm actively using the device upon booting it, only after it sits around for a few minutes untouched does the issue appear.
I will be sending a video and logs to support shortly.

jiggle

Post by jiggle » Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:16 pm

I try and stay positive but to be honest the push 3 standalone is disappointing.

With the major missing features, bugs and crashes. This might be the first piece of gear ive ever returned.
I expected better.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:00 am

It does seem like stand alone is something to consider in a years time when the bugs are sorted, plus they have some sort of way to complete a song on it, and it allows for more than one time signature in Scenes. I'm switching my order to the audio interface / controller version. One thing, I asked support if I could do this, and not lose my ship date, since it's near impossible (besides asking here on the forums), to find out that Scenes don't have their own time signatures. Last thing I need is Maschine Studio door stop part two.

Oh, and they haven't replied back, because why would they? :x

aumrysh

Post by aumrysh » Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:42 pm

Just to update the post. Support replied back saying they are working to fix it.
If the issue's ongoing, please bear in mind that at the moment our development team is actively investigating this issue with the touch strip.

• It has been identified as a bug and our development team believes that this can be fixed with a firmware update - which they are working on.
• Resolving this bug is one of our top priorities and we are working diligently to provide a fix as soon as possible on an update to resolve it.
• At this stage, I don't have an exact date on when that will be released, but I will notify you as soon as this fix is implemented.

elbows

Post by elbows » Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:03 pm

aumrysh wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:42 pm
Just to update the post. Support replied back saying they are working to fix it.
If the issue's ongoing, please bear in mind that at the moment our development team is actively investigating this issue with the touch strip.

• It has been identified as a bug and our development team believes that this can be fixed with a firmware update - which they are working on.
• Resolving this bug is one of our top priorities and we are working diligently to provide a fix as soon as possible on an update to resolve it.
• At this stage, I don't have an exact date on when that will be released, but I will notify you as soon as this fix is implemented.
I would like to thank you very much for posting that update, tehre are plenty of people who were nervously awaiting news on that.

rgarner

Post by rgarner » Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:00 pm

Oh heck. I've just returned mine for exchange today after they thought it was hardware. I expect to be without one for quite a long time now. Knowing my luck they'll have fixed it in firmware before a new one arrives...

Quick Player

Post by Quick Player » Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:12 pm

Bought a push 3 the day of its launching and I am having troubles with the touch strip, both in controller and standalone mode. It just freezes at the top of the strip.

Uploading packs from Live does not work 100%
Not that intuitive as claimed…
+ other inconveniences I would not have expected on a 2023 product.

Angry on support as they know about these problems and have requested me to send reports etc.
Instead support could have informed me of them knowing about these problems and give me a perspective/a solution.
Now I feel like my only option is to return the product. First time ever that I am returning new purchased hardwire… never expected that to happen with Ablation hardware.

I waited years for Ableton to come up with a standalone but am disappointed with the result

FlipBit

Post by FlipBit » Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:53 pm

Quick Player wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:12 pm
Bought a push 3 the day of its launching and I am having troubles with the touch strip, both in controller and standalone mode. It just freezes at the top of the strip.

Uploading packs from Live does not work 100%
Not that intuitive as claimed…
+ other inconveniences I would not have expected on a 2023 product.

Angry on support as they know about these problems and have requested me to send reports etc.
Instead support could have informed me of them knowing about these problems and give me a perspective/a solution.
Now I feel like my only option is to return the product. First time ever that I am returning new purchased hardwire… never expected that to happen with Ablation hardware.

I waited years for Ableton to come up with a standalone but am disappointed with the result
I'm facing the same situation but with controller only. I'm explaining and sending multiple videos, and status reports for few weeks already, trying different computers, different cables, different OS. I stated my problem in my first ticket on 1st of June and for 17 days I'm still sending proofs I have issue....

chris harbin

Post by chris harbin » Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:48 pm

I'm really sorry you peeps are having so many issues. Just not baked properly yet.

Hopefully they'll fix these with the next batch.
Live 11.x Suite, Push 2, AMD Ryzen 7900x @ 4.7 GHZ, Windows 11, 32 GB ram, Volt 2, Nektar T4 and Atom SQ.
Also a new lappy: i7 1269, 32 gigs of ram.