Better looping functionality in arrange, at LEAST a shortcut to enable/disable loop brace.

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
jmljunior

Better looping functionality in arrange, at LEAST a shortcut to enable/disable loop brace.

Post by jmljunior » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:43 pm

The looping functionality in the arrange view is straight up terrible. It always has been. Yet, effortless looping playback functionality is probably the most import thing for DAW arrangement, so it's mind boggling how this has not been improved yet in live.
  • There absolutely needs to be a SINGLE KEY short cut to toggle the loop brace on/off. You currently have to do this by selecting the loop brace with the mouse. E.g. The "L" key should "select/deselect the loop brace" and put you in the "loop state" where playback ALWAYS starts at the beginning of the loop.
  • The loop brace should be LOCKED when you enable it. I'm constantly having to reselect the loop brace because I click on something else in the arrange and deselects my loop.
  • The insert marker should NOT override the loop brace while it's on. Either youre in a "loop playback" state, or you're not. Nothing should override the loop while you have it enabled. Period.
While I don't want to use Logic, they've had this looping functionality perfected since the 90s (as has just about any other audio program going back to sound forge). Just copy what they've done! I'm sorry but the way ableton arrange looping works here make no sense from a workflow perspective. It's awkward and feels like I'm wearing mittens no matter how you dice it. It's terrible.