Exported songs are slow and decimal bpms

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
DeadMusik

Exported songs are slow and decimal bpms

Post by DeadMusik » Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:38 pm

Description: Hey guys, I have encountered a problem with my exporting. Out of 13 songs only 2 analyzed correctly in rekordbox all the others responded too weird values - 70.1235 and some weird bpms some even had plus 5 bpm (but they sounded slowed down). This resulted in me having to play with the fader. All 13 songs uploaded to any music site play at the desired 70 bpm (and don't sound slowed down).

Question: Is there something I'm doing wrong during my exporting process?
1. Interface and Ableton set to 48k sample rate ( [ AISO ] Komplete Audio 6 mk2 running 4.2.0 firmware).
2. I don't go through every clip and make sure warp is off? does that matter since I started the track at 70 bpm before I lay down one sound.
3. No dithering or anything other than the guided ableton's export options.
a. Rendered Track = master, no loop render, no mono, no normalize, create analysis file YES, encode PCM YES, file = WAV, bit = 24, no dither, no encode MP3.

4. Sometimes I record vox through my SM7b -> 500 series rack -> input 1 on KA6.
a. just a DIYRE preamp (500 series gear)
b. Is this throwing off the sample rate? and causing this weirdness or since my sample rate is 48k predefined anything I record or bring into the live set will follow said sample rate.

I'm just really confused at how my tracks aren't coming out at 70 bpm and analyzing correctly in rekordbox. I followed the same procedure to export all 13 tracks and only 2 came out and sounded like the correct tempo. Again all my tracks on music hosting sites sound perfect coming out of ableton, I need to try if serato is doing this also but I feel like I'm doing something wrong in the host software (ableton).

I could post A/B here if neeed be

* side note - I tried the stretch functions in rekordbox etc but ill ask in that forum about their sofware, because all that timestretching stuff just messed up the beat more in rekordbox.
Funeral DJ