Push 3 loading samples in drum rack from User Library

Discuss Push with other users.
funkazoid

Push 3 loading samples in drum rack from User Library

Post by funkazoid » Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:49 pm

Hi there,

I'm building a drum rack from the samples I have moved onto Push 3 ( stand alone)
The process seems to be cumbersome. Every time when I push on the next pad to load a new drumsound it takes me Drumhits where the Ableton samples are stored.

I have to navigate for each pad to the user library and select the right folder. Is there a way to do this faster? I find this really annoying.

Any tips if you can stay at the right folder if you click on a new pad or ad shortcuts in the browser.

Jay

kreativsein

Re: Push 3 loading samples in drum rack from User Library

Post by kreativsein » Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:53 pm

its a bug, unfortunately

funkazoid

Post by funkazoid » Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:58 pm

Bummer,

I would expect that you can scroll through the browser and select a sample and place it on a pad instead of selecting a pad an then select a sample each time. Very very annoying.

Jay

zenkick

Post by zenkick » Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:14 am

funkazoid wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:58 pm
I would expect that you can scroll through the browser and select a sample and place it on a pad instead of selecting a pad an then select a sample each time. Very very annoying.
+1
Suite, Push 1, Push 2, Push Standalone

yamill

Post by yamill » Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:47 am

I thought I was going crazy. I'm also experiencing this :(

bodom76

Post by bodom76 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:16 am

Because of this I am thankful companies like Samples From Mars make really nice kits that I can load up while I wait and hope for a fix for this. It's currently real clunky.

You pretty much need to build the kit in the DAW for now.

funkazoid

Post by funkazoid » Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:18 am

Yep,
But my workflow really starts with selecting samples and building a kit from scratch.

I have been playing around with this and found some sort of work around. If you start with an empty drum kit and you selected your first sample you can duplicate the pad to the next one. You are still in your browser. Click on button under the first encoder to takes you back to the drumrack and click on the button under the second encoder to select the pad. Now you can use the hot swap button which takes you to the previous folder.

Couple of observations:
- If you select a sample from your user library by going through collections and favourites, and want to swap the sample using the hot swap button it takes you to the Ableton Drum hits, not to where that sample is stored.

- When you duplicate the pad you need to go back drum rack and select the pad to hot swap. Apparently you can't select a new the pad while browsing

Jay

medenine

Post by medenine » Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:21 pm

I figured out the same workaround of duplicating pads. What is bugging me is saving changes to the drum rack, everything I save it saves a new rack, which I have to rename and delete the old one. Is there a better way to do this?

bodom76

Post by bodom76 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:34 pm

funkazoid wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:18 am
Yep,
But my workflow really starts with selecting samples and building a kit from scratch.

I have been playing around with this and found some sort of work around. If you start with an empty drum kit and you selected your first sample you can duplicate the pad to the next one. You are still in your browser. Click on button under the first encoder to takes you back to the drumrack and click on the button under the second encoder to select the pad. Now you can use the hot swap button which takes you to the previous folder.

Couple of observations:
- If you select a sample from your user library by going through collections and favourites, and want to swap the sample using the hot swap button it takes you to the Ableton Drum hits, not to where that sample is stored.

- When you duplicate the pad you need to go back drum rack and select the pad to hot swap. Apparently you can't select a new the pad while browsing

Jay
I almost think it may be better for me to do this the way I usually do, which is not using drum racks and just making individual Simplers for a lot of drum parts. I am going to mess with premade drum racks just to shake things up, but I always seem to come back to making a Simpler channel for each drum. Then for percussion or FX, I typically bring a drum rack in.

Rchrd_K

Post by Rchrd_K » Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:46 am

bodom76 wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:16 am
Because of this I am thankful companies like Samples From Mars make really nice kits that I can load up while I wait and hope for a fix for this. It's currently real clunky.

Can I ask - when loading Samples From Mars kits on Push 3, where did you save the samples?? I have been trying to put my SFM drum racks on my Push 3 and it will not link the samples, would love to know how you did it. I've transferred other third party racks and instruments successfully.

bodom76

Post by bodom76 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:24 pm

Rchrd_K wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:46 am
bodom76 wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:16 am

Can I ask - when loading Samples From Mars kits on Push 3, where did you save the samples?? I have been trying to put my SFM drum racks on my Push 3 and it will not link the samples, would love to know how you did it. I've transferred other third party racks and instruments successfully.
I dragged and dropped the sample folders over into the Push's samples directory. I sent mine back as I am just going to go with the controller version of P3 so I can't provide much more detail than that, sorry.

funkazoid

Post by funkazoid » Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:50 am

[/quote]
[/quote]

I have mixed success in moving racks and instruments racks onto push 3. If a drum rack is using a sample on your desktop it refers to a specific location on your harddrive. So when you copy your drum rack onto push the sample is not located on the same location.

What has worked for me is to create a "Imported" folder into the samples direction and put the sample there. Or load the drum rack on your desktop into a set. Collect and save so you have all the samples of that drum rack. Move these samples into imported folder on push and move your drum rack over to Push. Maybe this works?

This has worked for me with a number of instruments racks that I build on samples. Have not tried this yet with a drum rack. Hopefully this works?

Jay