Help: Digitakt MIDI mapping

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Elektroholic

Help: Digitakt MIDI mapping

Post by Elektroholic » Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:55 am

Hello, hope you are all doing well.

I've recently massively simplified my template and setup to have the Digitakt in Overbridge mode sending audio to 8 channels and have started to set up the MIDI channels to be able to control some MIDI channels in Live.

I mapped one of the Digitakt channels (Channel 16) and used MIDI map to map control of the macros on one channel. I'm using the LFO on the Digitakt to control a CC parameter on the Digitakt which is controlling a filter cutoff on the live instrument (through the macro).

When trying to do the same for Channel 15, every time I try to map a macro in the separate live channel it keeps receiving MIDI from Channel 16 and overwrites the mapping I am trying to make.

My working knowledge is that the channels on the Digitakt should be separate with separate CC values. I have tried changing the CC values on Channel 15 so that they are not the same as channel 16 but still get the same error.

Any ideas? Any insight on this issue is much appreciated.

siliconarc

Re: Help: Digitakt MIDI mapping

Post by siliconarc » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:14 am

If I understand your issue correctly, try this:
While in map mode, select your macro and run the DT briefly, stop it, and then use Undo in Live to cycle through the sent CC messages.