Constant Pool - Fixed

Share your tracks with other users.
Karhide

Constant Pool - Fixed

Post by Karhide » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:13 am

I've just released a new album that was written mainly with the Fors M4L devices and Playbeat by Audio Modern

Let me know what you think.

https://constantpool.bandcamp.com/album/fixed

MonoTeksist

Re: Constant Pool - Fixed

Post by MonoTeksist » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:31 am

I'll just listen to the first one, "Oscillation".
My thoughts (sorry but I'm not very technical):

- first impression: sounds Autechre-ish which is good and bold
- the overall vibe is very experimental with lots of fresh sounds I've never heard before: very good
- over half-way: it could use some more variation, it tends to sound a bit loopy. Adding more new sounds and dropping others would've made it better
- having said this: if this is a live recording then doing the above can be very difficult
- again: if no live, a drop somewhere mid-way would've been most welcome

I'd give it a 7.5-ish out of 10, I very much like the "experimental electronica"-style.
I'm purposefully not commenting on mixing and mastering quality because to me these have a low priority and have nothing to do with being a good musician (but sadly, the music industry seems to give it the highest one).
So: good, I liked it and some more variation would've made it even better.

Disclaimer: I'm not used to reviewing music at all so take anything I say with a grain of salt. And it's of course my personal opinion.

Some general tips for music sharers:
- please put the music genre in the topic!
- silence can be used as a note, especially in movie-soundtrack type music; just playing eg a reverb tail with nothing else can establish mood big time

Karhide

Re: Constant Pool - Fixed

Post by Karhide » Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:00 am

Thanks for checking out the album!