Trouble Linking two compuers and monitoring correctly

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
tripandball

Trouble Linking two compuers and monitoring correctly

Post by tripandball » Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:59 am

I would really appreciate some help on this problem I am having with our set up.

My friend and I want to play together with 2 computers. One is using Serato and Ableton, and the other is just using Ableton. The one computer is connected to a Hercules Starlight with the built in sound card. The other computer us just using a Novation Launchkey XL midi controller, but also has a 2 channel sound card to use with it. We are using LINK to sync everything together.

We want to be able to each cue our own music, but also monitor both of eachothers master outputs individually. So we can easily mix into eachother.

What is the best way to achieve this?

H20nly

Re: Trouble Linking two compuers and monitoring correctly

Post by H20nly » Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:39 am

I still haven't used Link, the opportunity hasn't presented itself... But, I've thought it is a great concept since it was first released.

What you're describing sounds like it's totally within the parameters and/or intentions of the app.

On Ableton's website, there's a short video about it. At around 1 minute into the video, there's an option in Live's Settings/Preferences to enable. Are you both enabling that setting?

https://www.ableton.com/en/link/
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.