UK Push 3 returns are just ... broken

Discuss Push with other users.
rgarner

UK Push 3 returns are just ... broken

Post by rgarner » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:45 am

I am sitting outside a large DHL Express on an industrial estate in the UK on the second-hottest day of the year. I am here because Ableton support told me it had to be dropped at a DHL location, provided me a link to a DHL locator and this is the only place in my city that will accept a parcel this large. I have taken the morning off work to drive here and drop it off.

DHL have told me that this is not a DHL parcel, it is a CEVA logistics parcel. I have a good few miles to drive home now, unless I want to risk driving to another industrial estate in the hope that support really meant to say CEVA.

I've replied to support of course (after going somewhere with any signal at all) but I have no idea what to do now. I'm posting this here in the desperate hope that someone else has had a similar UK experience and knows how to resolve it quickly.

I'm glad I brought water.

ampush3user

Re: UK Push 3 returns are just ... broken

Post by ampush3user » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:56 am

About to return mine and in the uk, did you get it sorted

rgarner

Post by rgarner » Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:07 pm

ampush3user wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:56 am
About to return mine and in the uk, did you get it sorted
Yeah, DHL apparently refused it in error. Ableton arranged for a collection, which happened next day and for which I was grateful, and the new unit shipped quite quickly.

Sadly it has the same touchstrip issue as the old one and support have stopped talking to me again.

ampush3user

Post by ampush3user » Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:51 pm

Thanks mate, hopefully they can sort it in software for you but the more I used the device the more I felt it had loads of issues of which some are hardware, I am sending it back for a refund and may look at it again later down the line when everything has been ironed out.

resequenced

Post by resequenced » Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:49 am

I would argue that returns are broken overall. I'm still waiting for someone from support to tell me how to return this product to them.

I'll go to their office in Berlin and return it in person if they don't respond by the end of the next week.

ampush3user

Post by ampush3user » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:27 pm

Took them ages to respond to me

J0n35y

Post by J0n35y » Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:46 pm

Apologies for dragging this old thread up but is anyone else having bother returning their Push 3's?

After the whole USB hub power issue I had, I've agreed to exchange my Controller for a Standalone. Ableton understandably won't send out the Standalone until the Controller is at least in transit but I've been told there is a hold up because of a DHL issue and they can't create a return label. That was two weeks ago now. I occasionally ask for updates and they generally do respond but it's getting a little tiresome and frustrating now.

Just curious if anyone else is finding the same challenges.

dodeca

Post by dodeca » Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:42 am

I’m having an issue with mine and asked about possibly returning. I was assured that support might be able to help me, so I opted to go that route. That was almost three weeks ago and I haven’t heard anything since, despite continuing to reply to my ticket. Now I need to figure out how to return this thing, and Ableton have been impossible to get a hold of.

J0n35y

Post by J0n35y » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:17 pm

dodeca wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:42 am
I’m having an issue with mine and asked about possibly returning. I was assured that support might be able to help me, so I opted to go that route. That was almost three weeks ago and I haven’t heard anything since, despite continuing to reply to my ticket. Now I need to figure out how to return this thing, and Ableton have been impossible to get a hold of.
That’s not great at all. Despite things rumbling on since about 1 week after release, Ableton have generally been responsive. It got a little less chatty over the past fortnight but I at least got my return label today and sent my controller back.

Note to wait for the payment link and shipping off the standalone. Hopefully that goes smoothly and quickly.

And fingers crossed you get a response soon. From sounds of it they’ve had some real problems raising with labels and things.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:25 pm

dodeca wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:42 am
Sorry about this :cry:
Support will get back to you, no doubt.
Ableton Forum Moderator

Sound Service

Post by Sound Service » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:57 am

Same situation for me. I got a defective Push Standalone - initially starting time over 2 minutes and now won't go past Push Logo and won't work in controller mode either. I was sent a couple of stickers to print and told to find a DHL Parcel Service point. Problem is that I just tried to return it via DHL only to be told that it's not one of theirs, there is nothing on the stickers to say it's paid for and that I should get in touch with CEVA Logistics (which is what it says on the sticker I got sent from the warranty team). What to do? May I just say oh dear?

Sound Service

Post by Sound Service » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:41 am

I have an update on this and I think you should know in case it happens to you too. Here in the UK you can drop off a parcel at a DHL Parcel service point. More often than not the service point is a mini-supermarket (off license). Now because the address on the label that the Ableton Warranty team sends you to affix to the box of the item you are returning is CEVA Logistics - they have a warehouse in Coventry where the faulty unit needs to be returned. What might happen is the off license owner gets confused and say this is not a DHL parcel so take it to CEVA Logistics. You need to insist that they scan the barcode on the label. They will then see that it's a pre-paid DHL Parcel delivery. That's what happened to me anyway. First DHL Parcel service point rejected my parcel. I went to another one and I insisted that they scan the barcode. Hope that helps other people who find themselves in such a situation (fingers crossed you won't).

J0n35y

Post by J0n35y » Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:00 pm

In my case I was told I was given a DHL label, went to a shop who said it wasn't. They recognised the prefix though and suspected it was a DPD label. Ableton support confirmed the error and I was then able to drop off at a DPD point. A minor inconvenience in the end and an honest mistake on Ableton's part really.

Nickyjay

Post by Nickyjay » Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:32 pm

Well I have been having a right farce with my return.
I have been to 4 DHL service points so far and all of them have refused as they only except parcels for DHL express. I have looked on the DHL website and all of there service points are for DHL express, and none of them could tell me were I need take the parcel too.
I have tried call DHL but get an IVR that does not provide any information with regards to the problem.
I have now left a message on there face book page.
Next steps are to to investigate my consumer rights with regards to being unable to return a product due to a broken retuns process.

I am tempted to return it via Royal mail i my own cost , or drive from Bristol to Daventry to hand over to Ingram Micro to hand it over in person. As the device cost almost £1700. But juging how things are going currently I therr could be a risk of them not confirming the return at there end make this situation even worse.

Nickyjay

Post by Nickyjay » Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:32 am

Well I managed to get it sent, but is was not easy, and has been the worst Cusomer Experiance for the return of a fauly item I have experianced. It has cost me more in fuel that it would of done sending myself fully tracked and insured many times over.

Today I decided to ty and send from there regional depot, so I drove up to the regional DHL Express ditribution centre at:

DHL Express
Unit 1,
Bristol Distribution Park,
Hawkley Drive,
Bradley Stoke,
Gloucestershire
England,
BS32 0BF

Here I am also told that they cannot except the package as its a "DHL Parcel" not a "DHL Express" Parcel and for this reason I cannot use any of the 3500 Service Points for the return. She then told me where I needed to go, which was the reagional Diribution centre for DHL at:

DHL Parcel Bristol,
Building 6020,
Western Approach,
Bristol,
BS35 4GG.

All in all it has been sent now. For anyone experiancing these issues please Keep these points in mind

1) "DHL Express" & "DHL Parcel" are two seperate entities.
2) The DHL paperwork provided by Ableton regarding Service point lable-less bar code is not correct, and this is for "DHL Express" customers only.
3) The only place to send the parcel from is the "DHL Parcel" regional dosribution centre. In my case this was 40 mile drive.

Judging by the formilaic responces I have been getting back from Abletons sevice centre I doubt they have the forsight, or even care to correct the information that they provide to there customers for returns.

I will need to put this experiance down to lessons learned.