Getting Data or Observer from the Macro controls Background Color

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Raccoon13

Getting Data or Observer from the Macro controls Background Color

Post by Raccoon13 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:16 am

Hey Folks,

I have a question for the Macrochain with background. I wanted to use, OSC to get a livepreview and data coming from the Macrochain Knobs. There`s still everything running. Knob names, Instrument names, Track names, Track colors, Clip colors. All will be updated like it should be. But is there still an option, to get the data from the backgroundcolor from it? If you see the picture below, I wanted to live update, the colors. But I can`t find anything in the documentations. I know, it has to be possible, because on the push the colors, will be updated also.

M4L or JS script, or the ID from the backgroundcolor for this would be really awesome.

Thank you in advanced :)
Last edited by Raccoon13 on Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Getting Data or Observer from the Macrochain Background Color

Post by [jur] » Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:10 am

If you're talking about the customisable background color of a macro in a rack, then I don't think this info is gettable in M4L, but it'd be worth checking the LOM as I have a doubt.
Push doesn't change macros' color according to their color in Live; the macros/devices parameters on Push inherit the color of the track (which you can get in M4L).
Ableton Forum Moderator

Raccoon13

Post by Raccoon13 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:57 am

Thank you, for your reply. Yes, I`m talking exactly about that. This would be incredible, if this would be get to work with LOM.

I`m looking very forward to positive news about it :)

Oh ups. Yes. I was a bit confused, about the track colors on the push. Your so right. Of course there`s still no update on the push with the macro background, only the trackcolor. Sorry for failure :D
Yes, this is excatly the same on the screenshot you can see too. I only get information, about the trackcolor, not on the macro background color.

If you will still have a doubt. I would appreciate it a lot, to get information about that. :)

Rivanni

Post by Rivanni » Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:20 pm

To avoid confusion in the future, it's best to use the term 'macro controls' instead of 'macro chains' because there are also 'rack chains'.

You can set/get/observe the color of the rack chains, but not the macro controls.