Magic Mouse disconnects with Ableton - SOLVED

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Pasha

Magic Mouse disconnects with Ableton - SOLVED

Post by Pasha » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:26 pm

Live 11.3.11 here.
Since the upgrade I am observing frequent disconnects of Magic Mouse 1 (the one with batteries) and M1 Studio.
Before the upgrade all was smooth and working fine.
Any clue?
Last edited by Pasha on Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers

H20nly

Re: Magic Mouse disconnects with Ableton

Post by H20nly » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:57 am

Have you tried removing it and re-pairing?
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:18 am

Thanks for reply.
Yes I have tried pairing and no change. I also tried with a Logitech BT mouse I have and that never disconnects. However Magic Mouse 1 has this horizontal scroll (swipe) thing that makes it ideal to be used with Live when you have more tracks than are shown.
Magic Mouse disconnects are happening when using live and that is weird!
I had only one additional thing to test and it's adding an aluminum foil to the mouse contacts so that the spring will push the battery harder and make a better electrical contact as not all batteries have the same length. So far it worked..crossing fingers...
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:03 am

Pasha wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:18 am
I had only one additional thing to test and it's adding an aluminum foil to the mouse contacts so that the spring will push the battery harder and make a better electrical contact as not all batteries have the same length. So far it worked..crossing fingers...
Rock'n'roll 🤘🏼
Weird that it's only happening with Live, moreover so that L11.3.11 is the same as L11.3.10 with only the latest NI keyboard script added.
Contact Support if the issue persists.
Ableton Forum Moderator

Pasha

Re: Magic Mouse disconnects with Ableton - SOLVED

Post by Pasha » Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:41 pm

So far adding an aluminum foil to the mouse contacts works fine!
Ableton Live is innocent. My findings points to a simple thing: when using Live the mouse is subject to horizontal scrolling and a less smooth usage given that I need to jump from one track to another and that is a less linear use than using word or browsing the web. That's why Ableton appeared to be the offending element while it was not.
Now it works happily alongside my magic mouse 1!
Mac Studio M1