How do I remove "Click-Transient" sound on every Midi note start in Simpler+Sampler ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
spanktron

How do I remove "Click-Transient" sound on every Midi note start in Simpler+Sampler ?

Post by spanktron » Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:18 pm

Good Day everyone!
So while I was testing around I thought to ask you fine people in case there is a solution to my "trouble"

So i basically have a "pad-y with low end energy- bass sound" synth audio clip of my Minilogue Xd playing a single note and I am trying to make a clean Simpler version of it in order to play around.
No matter what I do, crossfading, attack-release (basically any ADSR setting ) , pitch envelopes Sipler- Sampler you name it , I always have a slight "click" everytime the Midi Event-Note starts. So if I lets say have a C3 note for 4 bars everytime it will start over it will produce a slight click-plop sound. I don't use simpler and sampler that much but I am wondering if it is like this with some samples meaning that it sometimes "simply sounds like this"? or is there a remedy I am not aware of?

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: How do I remove "Click-Transient" sound on every Midi note start in Simpler+Sampler ?

Post by [jur] » Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:40 am

It seems like you already tried the most common options.
Are you sure your sample is starting (and ending) at the zero crossing point? Did you try adding a fade at both ends and resample/re-record your sample?
Also Simpler/Sampler let's you precisely place their start marker (and you can zoom in the waveform), so it's easy to place it somewhere where the waveform is exactly at 0.
Maybe try to disable the Retrigger button.
Since it seems your sample is bass heavy, it might be that it's being cut not at a zero crossing point at the end just before it repeats when the note is played again, it's very common with low and thus slow waveform.
Ableton Forum Moderator

spanktron

Re: How do I remove "Click-Transient" sound on every Midi note start in Simpler+Sampler ?

Post by spanktron » Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:58 am

[jur] wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:40 am
It seems like you already tried the most common options.
Are you sure your sample is starting (and ending) at the zero crossing point? Did you try adding a fade at both ends and resample/re-record your sample?
Also Simpler/Sampler let's you precisely place their start marker (and you can zoom in the waveform), so it's easy to place it somewhere where the waveform is exactly at 0.
Maybe try to disable the Retrigger button.
Since it seems your sample is bass heavy, it might be that it's being cut not at a zero crossing point at the end just before it repeats when the note is played again, it's very common with low and thus slow waveform.
I cant tell you if it's 100% on crossing point cause I left and am traveling now. However I don't get why the Attack-Release does not solve this.
I mean on any sampler I have used I can solve it through this. Even on a Tr6s or an Sp404mk2 which are not really comparable with Live when it comes down to possibilities , I don't have this issue.
Few years back I remember trying to play a simple really deep Sinewave bassline in Operator. I remember that I had a similar issue , meaning if I used an 8 bar loop and had a 8 bar single note playing it was rather lot of work getting it to seamlessly loop without a click at the beginning.
It's like it is inherent inside Live . O r maybe I am the only one who has noticed or care ? I dunno.
Anyhow, thanks for chipping in. Will check what you suggest when I get back home

Much Appreciated