Is there a method of horizontal zooming live.scope ?

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
Angstrom

Is there a method of horizontal zooming live.scope ?

Post by Angstrom » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:03 pm

Hey all. I'm using live.scope and can't for the life of me find a way to zoom in horizontally

Looking at the attributes there's nothing which seems to scale the view horizontally, vertical scaling can be done by modifying the input amplitude but for horizontal zoom I'm baffled. Any clues?

My current solution(above) is to ludicrously set the presentation rectangle to 4000 px wide ! (then hide the overflow). It's not very sleek.

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Is there a method of horizontal zooming live.scope ?

Post by [jur] » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:08 pm

I'm not in front of it, but isn't the trick to increase its sample rate attribute?
Ableton Forum Moderator

Angstrom

Re: Is there a method of horizontal zooming live.scope ?

Post by Angstrom » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:47 pm

[jur] wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:08 pm
I'm not in front of it, but isn't the trick to increase its sample rate attribute?
Yeah, I tried that one and Increasing the SR zooms out, but I need to zoom in.

I'm working on a kick drum visualiser, so the trace of that percussive element is often only a 16th note long, if I decrease the SR to zoom in I start to lose visual resolution on the plot and it's quite noticeably reduced. It turns into triangles.

my current method is pretty hacky. A bPatcher containing the live.scope with the "zoom" attached to the patcher rectangle width. The whole thing cropped by the bPatcher window. But it seems strange there's no direct zoom control. Ah well.