Will Live ever get "Sandbox for Plugins" feature?

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
silentio246

Re: Will Live ever get "Sandbox for Plugins" feature?

Post by silentio246 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:33 am

FurkanTopal wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:41 am
How do you specify which plugin gives you the crash?
Remove the plugins from your plugin folder, then copy them back, one by one, and check every single plugin within Live.
So you can exclude the good ones and find the bad ones. Could need some time.

FurkanTopal

Post by FurkanTopal » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:51 am

silentio246 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:33 am
FurkanTopal wrote:
Remove the plugins from your plugin folder, then copy them back, one by one, and check every single plugin within Live.
That's f*cking oldschool approach man. I spent whole night by looking at the log.txt and tried to detect what causes problems. Everything is frustrating here. Someone from Ableton support doesn't reply my questions, she's ignoring my complaints. I created new ticket and got an answer within 2 minutes from someone else and I sent him the files and waiting for a respond.

But I guess I'll apply your method but what if not one but two or more than two plugins are causing this? Then I guess I'm f*cked up.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:35 am

FurkanTopal wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:51 am
silentio246 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:33 am
FurkanTopal wrote:
That's f*cking oldschool approach man. I spent whole night by looking at the log.txt and tried to detect what causes problems. Everything is frustrating here. Someone from Ableton support doesn't reply my questions, she's ignoring my complaints. I created new ticket and got an answer within 2 minutes from someone else and I sent him the files and waiting for a respond.

But I guess I'll apply your method but what if not one but two or more than two plugins are causing this? Then I guess I'm f*cked up.
If you're on Max OS and if you're lucky the OS will publish a crash report, the plugin last mentioned in the crashed thread is usually the guilty plugin.

Another point, make a folder next to your VST folder named "Disabled VSTs", then put half of your plugins in it, this give you a 50% chance of disabling the right one or ones. You repeat this enough and it's much faster than one by one.