Transferring files to Push

Discuss Push with other users.
Rapidsound247

Transferring files to Push

Post by Rapidsound247 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:25 am

When in standalone mode I can transfer .wav files to push 3 but I can't seem to get instruments to transfer over. After dragging and dropping from my user library on my computer to the push tab it looks like it copies the file and I can see it in my user library on push but nothing plays. Either it says samples offline or just the sound doesn't work.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

chapelier fou

Re: Transferring files to Push

Post by chapelier fou » Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:42 pm

Yep, in your library, the is a sample folder. You need to transfer this as well.
The .adv files don't embed audio.
MacBook Pro 13" Retina i7 2.8 GHz OS 10.13, L10.0.1, M4L.
MacStudio M1Max 32Go OS 12.3.1

fattyparts

Post by fattyparts » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:50 am

Newbie Push 3 owner, having the exact same problem. See copied post below. Is what I'm trying to do not possible?

Has anyone managed to successfully transfer a project containing user samples from Live to the Push? For some reason, all my user samples are missing from my Push project despite ‘collect and save all’ method then dragging the project into the Push directory. I did find the user library folder in the Push with the samples, so they are there, but for some reason they are not being attached to the loaded project. Each channel on the Push states ‘sample offline’.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:28 pm

fattyparts wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:50 am
Newbie Push 3 owner, having the exact same problem. See copied post below. Is what I'm trying to do not possible?

Has anyone managed to successfully transfer a project containing user samples from Live to the Push? For some reason, all my user samples are missing from my Push project despite ‘collect and save all’ method then dragging the project into the Push directory. I did find the user library folder in the Push with the samples, so they are there, but for some reason they are not being attached to the loaded project. Each channel on the Push states ‘sample offline’.
Did you follow the steps detailed here?
Ableton Forum Moderator

fattyparts

Post by fattyparts » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:27 am

Yes, I did, the problem I'm having is I didn't have a project file to transfer, turns out this is a bug that's being addressed in the next update. From the beta release notes

"When using Push in Standalone Mode, saving a Set that is not already located inside a project will now result in the Set being saved in a newly created project. The name of the project folder will be based on the Set’s name."

My work around is to 'save as'to a new folder to get the project folder, for some reason the default path was just .als files. Otherwise you have to transfer the als, preset folder and sample folder to get everything to work in standalone.