New Feature for 13

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
craigc

New Feature for 13

Post by craigc » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:20 am

Just figured out the perfect new feature for version 13.

Double clip editing windows in arrangement view so I can edit 2 different clips at the same time while still seeing arrangement view. One step further would be stacking unlimited clip editing windows while still seeing arrangement view. I'm sure this has been suggested in the past but I thought it's certainly valid since 12 can actually now split clips.
Imagine my embarrassment if this is currently possible lol.

Nicky G.dj

New Feature for 12.1

Post by Nicky G.dj » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:28 pm

[ MY REQUESTS Feature for 12.1 ]

I would like to propose small, simple but useful improvements to Ableton.

1️⃣. It will seem strange as a request because immediately you will answer me there is the command "consolidate" but I would ask a simple thing:
Sometimes mounting audio with many clip fragments on the same audio track (arrangement view), I need to keep these clips together in order to move them all together without having to merge them into a new track. A Merge Clip command, groups clips which, if necessary, can be removed from the grouping and moved individually (as is the case in many other software eg Audition, Cubase, logic, etc. ..)

2️⃣. Add multiple colors to the collections

3️⃣. When I keep the panel closed with the folders added to the collection on the left (displaying only the folder icon to increase the space dedicated to reading the names of the files / plug-ins etc.) I would like:

a) Color and customize the folder icons with colors ... so I can already know visually if the red folder I have certain files, the green others etc.

b) when I move the mouse over a folder I would like a label superimposed on me with the name of the folder so as not to have to expand the panel to understand which folder it is.

4️⃣. I know you are already aware of this thing (it is also written in the manual), but if I import a precise audio track and already aimed at 0 db, when I apply the warping complex / complex pro this audio track starts to clipping of +3/4/5 db
I do not understand why but "I STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT THIS IS WRONG", if a track is already at 0db why is it increasing its volume?

5️⃣. in warp preferences is it possible to add complex pro as default algorithm together with complex? why the PRO is missing ??

6️⃣. in the Sample view where you insert the markers for the warp, is it possible to insert a comment marker?
Is it possible to insert (memorize) several Loop = markers?

7️⃣. the possibility of to insert comment markers on the arrangement and by exporting to mp3 / wav these markers are read as markers compatible with the Audition 2023 markers, both from Ableton to Audition and vice versa ??
So to have references in both DAWs since Audition is widely used by radio studios?

8️⃣. the possibility of to have a match of the markers between Traktor and Ableton ??

9️⃣ . the possibility of to store the "Info text" on the audio clip and not in the project file? (or both)

🔟. SHORTCUT for "KEYBOARD COMMANDS"

Is there a way to map certain items from menus without a keyboard command?
for example Duplica has assigned CTRL + D, Loop CTRL + L etc ...

I wish I could give example:
"Establish here 1.1.1." with a command type CTRL + 0
"Warp direct from here" CTRL + 6
Customization of keyboard commands (as in all software)

1️⃣1️⃣. [zoom in / out ... Mouse]
Currently by pressing ctrl / cmd plus the mouse wheel it is possible to Zoom IN / OUT on a track.
Shift + Wheel to move the view to the Right and Left ....
Is there any way to do this without pressing CTRL or SHIFT?

1️⃣2️⃣. Auto Warping for 70/80/90 tracks with unstable BPM.

1️⃣3️⃣. the possibility of incorporate the settings in the * .asd file into the audio files (mp3, waw, ogg ...) ??

1️⃣4️⃣. the possibility of to export to * .OGG?

maybe it was possible!
- Multi-loop highlighting the area with different color
- Warp markers with the possibility of color change (individually)
- Warp marker with insertion of a label such as locators!
- Saving different regions of LOOP (callable from a list) in warp mode

FTRE FIRE

Re: New Feature for 13

Post by FTRE FIRE » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:33 pm

I wish the following things:
  • The ability to have a seperate mixing screen (with options to see the channel fx). If you try to do this now with a dual monitor setup and the arrangement view as your second monitor, the session view will always be partly visible.
  • A sort of pop-up screen (or 'visualization switch' like with the midi and fx windows in Live12) per channel with all your 3rd party plug-ins together so you can have them structured, rather than all over the screen, and can show and hide them with 1 button.
  • A pitch correction tool to edit/retune vocal pitch would be nice.
  • Build-in analyzing tools for the masterchannel would be amazing (stereo width, spectogram, ...).
  • I don't know if it's possible in live 12 yet, but the ability to just browse the chords within the selected scale would be a nice midi feature.
  • It would be a small but nice feature to see the name of the chord you're playing.
  • It would be cool if the midi clip would show which scale(s) the chord progression (can) belong(s) to.
  • The option to choose a different scale and have each sample and midi clip edited/shifted to fit that scale would be great. If this requires too much processing power / RAM, the option to do this for separate midi clips and/or samples might also be cool.
  • Add a stock clipper plug-in to at least Standard and Suite versions.
  • Add a spatial plug-in with a visual UI. (So you can virtually place the audio source in the room.)
  • Improve the equalizer (EQ eight), please...
What do you all think of this? Comments / concerns?