Anyone can Recognize this synth?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
spanktron

Anyone can Recognize this synth?

Post by spanktron » Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:57 pm

Hey everyone.

So while I was listening to this track by Trois : (the pitch slide synth at 1:00 for example ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyo1Vj6aGUU

It reminded me of the synth in Om units : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR2wosmXUL0 .

So I thought it must be some specific synth that everyone except me knows ?

Sounds like some kind of Granular stuff.

Would appreciate any information- opinion- estimate

yur2die4

Re: Anyone can Recognize this synth?

Post by yur2die4 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:38 pm

I’m interested in this too. Some of these sounds are almost meme level for this style and for a good number of years. Tipper comes to mind. I have ideas as to how to approach it, but I’m curious if there was a go-to method for this type of sound.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:33 pm

I know that a lot of Tipper’s sounds are extreme time stretching and pitch shifting in Logic, it’s not all straight out of a synth.

spanktron

Post by spanktron » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:53 pm

Tarekith wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:33 pm
I know that a lot of Tipper’s sounds are extreme time stretching and pitch shifting in Logic, it’s not all straight out of a synth.
this does not sound like stretching to me. It sounds like pitch bending and some very clean wavetable stuff but i could be wrong.
What i mean is that beneath the whole pitching is sounds like asimilar synth sound i being used. This is what i am trying to figure out

However either my ears deceive me or it is a very similar sound almost like they used the same preset. So if it is the same preset it must be the same synth. Same as years back people were recognizing „A this is Serum „ or things like that .

Dunno. Thats why i a am looking to find out
Last edited by spanktron on Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spanktron

Post by spanktron » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:56 pm

yur2die4 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:38 pm
I’m interested in this too. Some of these sounds are almost meme level for this style and for a good number of years. Tipper comes to mind. I have ideas as to how to approach it, but I’m curious if there was a go-to method for this type of sound.
I havent heard this sound that many times tbh. It reminds me of the sounds the Transfromer robots make. . Especially the „evil" ones.
Sound like a chorus like phasing , flanging but yet perfectly cohesive sounding synth. Or in other words like the same synth sound was used as a base

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:33 am

Maybe I was listening to the wrong sound 😅😅. The one I was listening to had a garbly kind of, digital artifacts sound. Was bends. And was in the mid/high register.

The ones in mid/low, emphasizing the bassline, those seem like nearly standard synthesis to me. Just careful programming, trial and error. … but at the moment I’m not in a situation to try to get that sound and try to figure out and explain it (if I were even able to figure it out).

Sometimes you can find YouTube videos on how to emulate things from specific songs.

whatsoup

Post by whatsoup » Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:18 am

The sound at 1 minute just sounds like oscillator sync to me. Most synths will do it. Descend pitch with envelope.